Where is my question?

1234 ... 7

Where is my question?

Jay Garcia
I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
"sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Where is my question?

Carl Drud-2
Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> writes:

> I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
> "sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
> that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
> removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
> being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
> emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.

Do you mean the post in the link below. It's still there.

http://groups.google.dk/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/523188b6e8da9aff?dmode=source

--
Carl

Re: Where is my question?

Jay Garcia
On 27.04.2008 08:08, Carl Drud wrote:

>> I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
>> "sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
>> that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
>> removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
>> being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
>> emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.
>
> Do you mean the post in the link below. It's still there.
>
> http://groups.google.dk/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/523188b6e8da9aff?dmode=source

I only access the news.mozilla.org server, not Google Groups where the
post cannot be removed by "those in charge" here on n.m.o. but thanks
anyways. I hadn't really thought about it still being on GG's ..

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Where is my question?

Carl Drud-2
Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> writes:

> I only access the news.mozilla.org server, not Google Groups where the
> post cannot be removed by "those in charge" here on n.m.o. but thanks
> anyways. I hadn't really thought about it still being on GG's ..

I found the message through my newsreader as well.

--
Carl

Re: Where is my question?

Jay Garcia

Re: Where is my question?

Jay Garcia

Re: Where is my question?

Jay Garcia
On 27.04.2008 09:06, Jay Garcia wrote:

>> I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
>> "sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
>> that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
>> removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
>> being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
>> emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.
>>

> Ok, am I jumping to conclusions ??? On THREE computers, the message(s)
> is not there nor is the thread containing the posted reply from JoeS or
> my reply to JoeS. My Son cannot find it either when subscribing to JUST
> news.mozilla.org ...
>
> This can be answered quite simply ..
>
> Chris, did you or did you not remove the message(s)? If not then why
> can't I OR my Son find them?
>
> I rec'd a private email with the message ID and still cannot find it
> using the ID Finder extension or any other method.

Ok, I apologize ....

No idea what happened but what I did was to unsubscribe from the group,
exit/restart TB, re-subscribed and there it is, thread and all. Now ...
what caused the message/thread to disappear in the first place??? and
not only on just ONE computer but two others here as well as my Son's
running SeaMonkey, not TB ... Is this a "bug" in the latest TB's
function regarding read/unread messsges? The thread should have at least
appeared in the "Search" function in TB for "sender" but didn't.

Also could not find the thread/reply using the Message ID Finder or any
other ID finder method .. JoeS's "Gremlins" I guess.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

Re: Where is my question?

Terry R.
The date and time was 4/27/2008 5:39 AM, and on a whim, Jay Garcia
pounded out on the keyboard:

> I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
> "sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
> that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
> removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
> being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
> emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.

In your "Interesting !! ??" thread, I see a post from hcb must have been
removed, as JoeS replied to it but it's not part of the thread.

In the "testing" thread, I see your comment about signing up, you serious?

--
Terry R.

Re: Where is my question?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
Jay Garcia wrote:
> I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
> "sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
> that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
> removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
> being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
> emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.

settle down Jay.  Your postings are still there.  Its mine
that has been removed.  The Mozilla Bully has removed mine.
I'm hcb, and he's removed all three of them.  I don't know
how he can say this isn't a grudge, when he's removing any
and all postings from me by other email accounts.  This
makes it four times now.

What have you got to say for yourself Chris I?

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
may get banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: Where is my question?

Dad-4
On Apr 27, 1:45 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> settle down Jay.  Your postings are still there.  Its mine

I am "settled down", didn't you read my "I apologize ..." reply?

Jay

Re: Where is my question?

»Q«
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> when he's removing any and all postings from me by other email
> accounts.  This makes it four times now.

AIUI, you're banned from the group, so posts of yours don't make it
past moderation.  What e-mail address you use to try to get around the
ban shouldn't matter.

Re: Where is my question?

Jay Garcia
On 27.04.2008 19:01, »Q« wrote:

>> when he's removing any and all postings from me by other email
>> accounts.  This makes it four times now.
>
> AIUI, you're banned from the group, so posts of yours don't make it
> past moderation.  What e-mail address you use to try to get around the
> ban shouldn't matter.

Why is he still banned when it's been demonstrated that the offending
post was legally posted according to the guidelines?

»Q« wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> when he's removing any and all postings from me by other email
>> accounts.  This makes it four times now.
>
> AIUI, you're banned from the group, so posts of yours don't make it
> past moderation.  What e-mail address you use to try to get around the
> ban shouldn't matter.

butt out!!!!  The problem isn't with you and me, but the
Bully and me.  I only want to hear from the trouble maker
himself, not from you or from the other Bully Gang Members.

Jay Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27.04.2008 19:01, »Q« wrote:
>
> > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> when he's removing any and all postings from me by other email
> >> accounts.  This makes it four times now.
> >
> > AIUI, you're banned from the group, so posts of yours don't make it
> > past moderation.  What e-mail address you use to try to get around
> > the ban shouldn't matter.
>
> Why is he still banned when it's been demonstrated that the offending
> post was legally posted according to the guidelines?

I missed that demonstration, but I'm not the one to ask.

Re: Where is my question?

»Q«
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
> > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> when he's removing any and all postings from me by other email
> >> accounts.  This makes it four times now.
> >
> > AIUI, you're banned from the group, so posts of yours don't make it
> > past moderation.  What e-mail address you use to try to get around
> > the ban shouldn't matter.
>
> butt out!!!!  The problem isn't with you and me, but the
> Bully and me.  I only want to hear from the trouble maker
> himself, not from you or from the other Bully Gang Members.

Interesting that you're shouting "butt out" in a thread you hijacked
from Jay's temporary issue.  Thanks much for the orders, but I'm not
interested in changing what I post based on what you want to hear or
whom you want to hear from.

If you want to read only replies from one person, just don't read any
other replies.

If you want actually to /prevent/ other people from replying, your best
choice is e-mail instead of public posting.

»Q« wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> »Q« wrote:
>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

>>> AIUI, you're banned from the group, so posts of yours don't make it
>>> past moderation.  What e-mail address you use to try to get around
>>> the ban shouldn't matter.
>> butt out!!!!  The problem isn't with you and me, but the
>> Bully and me.  I only want to hear from the trouble maker
>> himself, not from you or from the other Bully Gang Members.
>
> Interesting that you're shouting "butt out" in a thread you hijacked
> from Jay's temporary issue.  Thanks much for the orders, but I'm not
> interested in changing what I post based on what you want to hear or
> whom you want to hear from.
>
> If you want to read only replies from one person, just don't read any
> other replies.
>
> If you want actually to /prevent/ other people from replying, your best
> choice is e-mail instead of public posting.

thats a typical crap-out response from the Mozilla Bully
Gang of idiots.

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
reason, not to the mozilla.org newsgroup servers, where you
may get banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: Where is my question?

Moz Champion (Dan)
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> »Q« wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> butt out!!!!  The problem isn't with you and me, but the Bully and
>>> me.  I only want to hear from the trouble maker himself, not from you
>>> or from the other Bully Gang Members.
>>
>> Interesting that you're shouting "butt out" in a thread you hijacked
>> from Jay's temporary issue.  Thanks much for the orders, but I'm not
>> interested in changing what I post based on what you want to hear or
>> whom you want to hear from.
>>
>> If you want to read only replies from one person, just don't read any
>> other replies.
>>
>> If you want actually to /prevent/ other people from replying, your best
>> choice is e-mail instead of public posting.
>>

> thats a typical crap-out response from the Mozilla Bully Gang of idiots.

I find this quite amusing. One person, who was informed he was banned,
finds his posts missing. One should expect that if they are banned, or
at least it occurs that way to me. Regardless if that one (or others)
think the banning uncalled for or not, fact is, the one was banned.

Now, the one who is banned calls anyone who acknowledges the FACTS, tars
and feathers them with name calling. As if that is going to ASSIST
him/her with getting answers.

FACT:
      Rightly or wrongly, one person has been banned

FACT:
      Regardless of who aggrees or disagrees with the above FACT, does
NOT change that fact

FACT:
      If one is banned, one must EXPECT their posts to disappear, after
all they are banned

OPINION:
      I personally don't agree with the banning in this situation, but I
still acknowledge the FACT that there is one person who has been banned

Been there, done that <grin> In another group, on another server, there
was a banning, and caused just as much concernation as this one seems to
have. The 'battle' went on for years, and finally the one who was banned
learned to go away and stay away, or perhaps found other pursuits more
to their liking

In that case, as in this, the 'powers' that control the situation agreed
with their 'appointees' actions - and that is that. It would be wise to
acknowledge the FACTS and simply move on.

Re: Where is my question?

Jay Garcia
On 27.04.2008 20:57, »Q« wrote:

> I missed that demonstration, but I'm not the one to ask.

You were "handy". :-)

The "demonstration" was actually a statement of proof that Peter's post
was not out of line and did not violate that which was deemed so by ChrisI.

On 28.04.2008 03:25, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

> In that case, as in this, the 'powers' that control the situation agreed
> with their 'appointees' actions - and that is that. It would be wise to
> acknowledge the FACTS and simply move on.

As much as Peter tried to be the "squeeking wheel" that got the grease,
he ended up getting the KY instead. :-)

squaredancer wrote:

> On 27.04.2008 14:39, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
> generate the following:? :
>> I asked a question as a followup to Joe S's contention that we have to
>> "sign up" to post in m.test.multimedia. Instead of a reply, it appears
>> that the post was removed. If this is the case then so shall I be
>> removed from this server. Posts of mine will NOT be removed without
>> being answered or at least be redirected to another group OR privately
>> emailed. This is totally UNacceptable.
>>

> getting posts removed (or not posted) is getting quite common! I beginn
> to wonder if *YOUR* post was surreptiously replaced onto the thread??
>
> Anyways - after all the discussion that went on as to the purpose of
> MTMM, Chris I's reply to my post is very pathetic:
> news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
>
> He actually calls the OP a Multimedia Test Posting??  That can't be true
> but, as was proven in the foregoing controversy, he hasn't got a clue as
> to what Multimedia is!
>
> reg

but according to gerv, it shouldn't have been posted, it
shouldn't have been approved, and its not a test, because it
didn't contain a binary.