Where is Pango...?

Martin Rosenfeld-2
I am trying to run Firefox 38.2.1 on a new installation of eCS22b2. I
have loaded all of the packages mentioned in the READ.ME except pango.
It does not seem to exist at the Netlabs Repository. Do I need pango or
something else. What should I do to get FF38.2.1 running?

Martin Rosenfeld

Re: Where is Pango...?

Steve Wendt
On 3/10/2016 2:42 PM, Martin Rosenfeld wrote:

> What should I do to get FF38.2.1 running?

All the required bits can be found here:
http://os2news.warpstock.org/Warpzilla.html

Re: Where is Pango...?

Dave Yeo-3
Martin Rosenfeld wrote:
> I am trying to run Firefox 38.2.1 on a new installation of eCS22b2. I
> have loaded all of the packages mentioned in the READ.ME except pango.
> It does not seem to exist at the Netlabs Repository. Do I need pango or
> something else. What should I do to get FF38.2.1 running?

http://rpm.netlabs.org/release/00/i386/i686/pango-1.28.4-1.oc00.i686.rpm
(download and yum install pango-1.28.4-1.oc00.i686.rpm)
There is no build of Pango for i386 as it requires a i486 or higher for
atomic operands (allow only one thread to access something at a time,
important on SMP sytems)
It is strongly suggested that everyone only use i686 or P4 architecture,
with P4 best for P4s and i686 for most every other CPU. I believe the
Arca Noae Package Manager will automatically switch you to i686.
Dave