Where does Thunderbird store newsgroup cache?

Where does Thunderbird store newsgroup cache?

J. D. B.
Where does Thunderbird store cached files from newsgroup listings and
how do you clear it?

Re: Where does Thunderbird store newsgroup cache?

Clay-2
J. D. B. wrote:
> Where does Thunderbird store cached files from newsgroup listings
depends on your os. usually in a .../profiles/... folder
and
> how do you clear it?
by deleting the related .msf files.

Re: Where does Thunderbird store newsgroup cache?

J. D. B.
Sorry, the OS is XP.  I ran a search of the hard drive for *.msf and it
came up blank. A bit puzzling if that is where the files are cached.

J. D. B. wrote:

> Sorry, the OS is XP.  I ran a search of the hard drive for *.msf and it
> came up blank. A bit puzzling if that is where the files are cached.
>
> Clay wrote:
>
>> J. D. B. wrote:
>>
>>> Where does Thunderbird store cached files from newsgroup listings
>>

>> depends on your os. usually in a .../profiles/... folder
>> and
>>
>>> how do you clear it?
>>

>> by deleting the related .msf files.

the folder(s) are sometimes hidden. enable 'show hidden files...' and
try again.

Re: Where does Thunderbird store newsgroup cache?

Ivan Herman
On my WinXP box the msf files are at:

C:\Documents and Settings\Ivan Herman\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\default\5xufte4i.slt\News\news.euronet.nl

(news.euronet.nl is where I get my news). Clearly, some of the entries in the
path are different for you (name, and the name used under 'defaults') but the
rest should be, essentially, the same.

I went there using cygwin; I presume you can also go there with the windows
command line

I hope this helps

Ivan