When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Sailfish-2
REF:
http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/05/11/apples-siri-the-best-smartphone-ever-is-the-nokia-lumia-900-wait-what/

[excerpt quote="
Nokia Lumia 900 4G??!!
" \]

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

John McWilliams via TB
On 5/11/12   PDT 3:39 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> REF:
> http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/05/11/apples-siri-the-best-smartphone-ever-is-the-nokia-lumia-900-wait-what/

No longer true. Link is now to article re the above. iPhone 4S is the
first hit.

And it's a great phone.

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what John McWilliams graced us with on
5/11/2012 4:50 PM:
> On 5/11/12   PDT 3:39 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> REF:
>> http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/05/11/apples-siri-the-best-smartphone-ever-is-the-nokia-lumia-900-wait-what/
>>
> No longer true. Link is now to article re the above. iPhone 4S is the
> first hit.

Which is probably why they took a picture for when it was :)

> And it's a great phone.

So I've heard. I'm not into smartphones and their costly data plans :_)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

F1Com
On 5/11/2012 3:39 PM On a whim, Sailfish pounded out on the keyboard

> REF:
> http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/05/11/apples-siri-the-best-smartphone-ever-is-the-nokia-lumia-900-wait-what/
>
> [excerpt quote="
> Nokia Lumia 900 4G??!!
> " \]

Palm Pre by far.  No other phone/tablet OS can compare with WebOS.  Our
family has iPhones, Android, Blackberry, and even they agree.

And HP killed it...

Terry

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Ron Hunter
On 5/11/2012 6:50 PM, John McWilliams wrote:

> On 5/11/12   PDT 3:39 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> REF:
>> http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/05/11/apples-siri-the-best-smartphone-ever-is-the-nokia-lumia-900-wait-what/
>>

> No longer true. Link is now to article re the above. iPhone 4S is the
> first hit.
>
> And it's a great phone.

I have done that, and the answer was 'You are holding it'.
???  I can't imagine why any Apple product would recommend a Windows
Phone, no matter the manufacturer, and the Nokia 900 is way short of the
4S in many ways.  Now if you ask for the fastest 4G...  Another story.

On 5/11/2012 7:11 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what John McWilliams graced us with on
> 5/11/2012 4:50 PM:
>> On 5/11/12   PDT 3:39 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> REF:
>>> http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/05/11/apples-siri-the-best-smartphone-ever-is-the-nokia-lumia-900-wait-what/
>>>
>> No longer true. Link is now to article re the above. iPhone 4S is the
>> first hit.
>>
> Which is probably why they took a picture for when it was :)
>
>> And it's a great phone.
>>
> So I've heard. I'm not into smartphones and their costly data plans :_)

$15  a month is too costly for you?  If so, just buy a $20 disposable
and buy minutes as you need them.

On 5/11/2012 8:08 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> On 5/11/2012 3:39 PM On a whim, Sailfish pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> REF:
>> http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/05/11/apples-siri-the-best-smartphone-ever-is-the-nokia-lumia-900-wait-what/
>>

>> [excerpt quote="
>> Nokia Lumia 900 4G??!!
>> " \]
>>

> Palm Pre by far.  No other phone/tablet OS can compare with WebOS.  Our
> family has iPhones, Android, Blackberry, and even they agree.
>
> And HP killed it...
>

> Terry
Oh?  Market share?
End of discussion.

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Sailfish-2
5/11/2012 6:20 PM:

> On 5/11/2012 7:11 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what John McWilliams graced us with on
>>>>

>>> No longer true. Link is now to article re the above. iPhone 4S is the
>>> first hit.
>>>
>> Which is probably why they took a picture for when it was :)
>>
>>> And it's a great phone.
>>>
>> So I've heard. I'm not into smartphones and their costly data plans :_)
>>
> $15  a month is too costly for you?  If so, just buy a $20 disposable
> and buy minutes as you need them.

uh, got a link that shows a data plan for $15/mo?

I have a TracFone which I use for when I have emergencies. I've
accumulated over 2250 minutes on it so far. Just goes to show how many
emergencies I have.

On 5/11/2012 8:24 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on
> 5/11/2012 6:20 PM:
>> On 5/11/2012 7:11 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what John McWilliams graced us with on
>>> 5/11/2012 4:50 PM:

>>> Which is probably why they took a picture for when it was :)

>>> So I've heard. I'm not into smartphones and their costly data plans :_)
>>>
>> $15  a month is too costly for you?  If so, just buy a $20 disposable
>> and buy minutes as you need them.
>>
> uh, got a link that shows a data plan for $15/mo?
>
> I have a TracFone which I use for when I have emergencies. I've
> accumulated over 2250 minutes on it so far. Just goes to show how many
> emergencies I have.

Sure.  ATT basic data rate.  200 megabytes for $15 a month.  Of course
you need to also have a regular rate plan for at least $40.  ATT isn't
the cheapest rate plan around.  Check for the small companies like
MetroCel, and others that may only be regional, or local.  Don't plan to
be out of town much, though.

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Sailfish-2
5/12/2012 12:27 AM:

> On 5/11/2012 8:24 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on

>>> $15  a month is too costly for you?  If so, just buy a $20 disposable
>>> and buy minutes as you need them.
>>>
>> uh, got a link that shows a data plan for $15/mo?
>>
>> I have a TracFone which I use for when I have emergencies. I've
>> accumulated over 2250 minutes on it so far. Just goes to show how many
>> emergencies I have.
>>
> Sure.  ATT basic data rate.  200 megabytes for $15 a month.  Of course
> you need to also have a regular rate plan for at least $40.  ATT isn't
> the cheapest rate plan around.  Check for the small companies like
> MetroCel, and others that may only be regional, or local.  Don't plan to
> be out of town much, though.

So, I'm looking at ~$55/mo., minimum. And what do I have to show for it
at the end of the month? High score on Angry Birds?

nah, I'd rather save that money and purchase tactileware stuff
(kids/grandkids gifts, geeky stuff for me like http://bit.ly/J1JXub, &c).

On 5/12/2012 3:18 AM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on
> 5/12/2012 12:27 AM:
>> On 5/11/2012 8:24 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on
>>> 5/11/2012 6:20 PM:

>>> uh, got a link that shows a data plan for $15/mo?
>>>
>>> I have a TracFone which I use for when I have emergencies. I've
>>> accumulated over 2250 minutes on it so far. Just goes to show how many
>>> emergencies I have.
>>>
>> Sure.  ATT basic data rate.  200 megabytes for $15 a month.  Of course
>> you need to also have a regular rate plan for at least $40.  ATT isn't
>> the cheapest rate plan around.  Check for the small companies like
>> MetroCel, and others that may only be regional, or local.  Don't plan
>> to be out of town much, though.
>>
> So, I'm looking at ~$55/mo., minimum. And what do I have to show for it
> at the end of the month? High score on Angry Birds?
>
> nah, I'd rather save that money and purchase tactileware stuff
> (kids/grandkids gifts, geeky stuff for me like http://bit.ly/J1JXub, &c).

I use wi-fi to keep the data charges down for my wife's phone that has
the 200 meg plan.  However, in the 2.5 years I have had smartphones, I
have only exceeded the 200 meg once or twice, because I have the wi-fi.
  If I didn't, mine would be more than 200 meg every month as I use the
phone for a lot of things, although I don't have Angry Birds, and can't
play any arcade style games as I am a slow thinker, and even slower to
move.  My phone syncs with Google calendar, and can get email, and I
send pictures to my computer via wi-fi.  If I had to email them, more
data without wi-fi.  With Siri, the phone really is a handy secretary
(administrative assistant to be politically correct) as it makes notes,
searches for information, plays solitaire, acts as a book reader,
accesses the internet when out and about, and makes my shopping list.
If the screen were bigger, I wouldn't really have much need of a laptop,
since most typing can be done with Siri.

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

GerardJan-8
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Sailfish-2
5/12/2012 3:44 AM:

> On 5/12/2012 3:18 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on

>>> Sure.  ATT basic data rate.  200 megabytes for $15 a month.  Of course
>>> you need to also have a regular rate plan for at least $40.  ATT isn't
>>> the cheapest rate plan around.  Check for the small companies like
>>> MetroCel, and others that may only be regional, or local.  Don't plan
>>> to be out of town much, though.
>>>
>> So, I'm looking at ~$55/mo., minimum. And what do I have to show for it
>> at the end of the month? High score on Angry Birds?
>>
>> nah, I'd rather save that money and purchase tactileware stuff
>> (kids/grandkids gifts, geeky stuff for me like http://bit.ly/J1JXub, &c).
>>
> I use wi-fi to keep the data charges down for my wife's phone that has
> the 200 meg plan.  However, in the 2.5 years I have had smartphones, I
> have only exceeded the 200 meg once or twice, because I have the wi-fi.
>  If I didn't, mine would be more than 200 meg every month as I use the
> phone for a lot of things, although I don't have Angry Birds, and can't
> play any arcade style games as I am a slow thinker, and even slower to
> move.  My phone syncs with Google calendar, and can get email, and I
> send pictures to my computer via wi-fi.  If I had to email them, more
> data without wi-fi.  With Siri, the phone really is a handy secretary
> (administrative assistant to be politically correct) as it makes notes,
> searches for information, plays solitaire, acts as a book reader,
> accesses the internet when out and about, and makes my shopping list. If
> the screen were bigger, I wouldn't really have much need of a laptop,
> since most typing can be done with Siri.

Yeah, the photo and video stuff is nice, along with the ability to use
wifi. Once they drop the charges down to about half that, I might be
convinced to give a smartphone a try.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what GerardJan graced us with on
5/12/2012 3:44 AM:

> Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on

>>> Sure.  ATT basic data rate.  200 megabytes for $15 a month.  Of course
>>> you need to also have a regular rate plan for at least $40.  ATT isn't
>>> the cheapest rate plan around.  Check for the small companies like
>>> MetroCel, and others that may only be regional, or local.  Don't plan
>>> to be out of town much, though.
>>>
>> So, I'm looking at ~$55/mo., minimum. And what do I have to show for it
>> at the end of the month? High score on Angry Birds?
>>
>> nah, I'd rather save that money and purchase tactileware stuff
>> (kids/grandkids gifts, geeky stuff for me like http://bit.ly/J1JXub, &c).
>>
> talking about Nokia, Annie was my mother's name

As in, Annie Oakley?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Daniel-257
Sailfish wrote:

<Snip>

> (kids/grandkids gifts, geeky stuff for me like http://bit.ly/J1JXub, &c).

How cute!! A mouse that includes calculator functions ...... which is
connected to a box that is not much more than a bloody big calculator
itself!!

--
Daniel

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what GerardJan graced us with on
5/12/2012 5:59 AM:

> Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what GerardJan graced us with on

>>> talking about Nokia, Annie was my mother's name
>>>
>> As in, Annie Oakley?
>
> Annie Rudersdorff, died in my arms 2 yrs ago, 99 yrs old, euthanisia

Sorry for your loss, take care.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 5/12/2012
7:08 AM:
> Sailfish wrote:
>
>> (kids/grandkids gifts, geeky stuff for me like http://bit.ly/J1JXub, &c).
>>
> How cute!! A mouse that includes calculator functions ...... which is
> connected to a box that is not much more than a bloody big calculator
> itself!!

Yeah, I'm out looking for some cool stickers to plaster on it next.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
5/12/2012 1:00 PM:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 5/12/2012
> 7:08 AM:
>> Sailfish wrote:
>>
>>> (kids/grandkids gifts, geeky stuff for me like http://bit.ly/J1JXub,
>>> &c).
>>>
>> How cute!! A mouse that includes calculator functions ...... which is
>> connected to a box that is not much more than a bloody big calculator
>> itself!!
>>
> Yeah, I'm out looking for some cool stickers to plaster on it next.

btw, as I'm wont to do, I got it on sale for $13 (including shipping) :)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: When asked, "best smartphone ever", iPhone 4s Siri says!?

F1Com
On 5/11/2012 6:20 PM On a whim, Ron Hunter pounded out on the keyboard

>> On 5/11/2012 3:39 PM On a whim, Sailfish pounded out on the keyboard
>>
>>> REF:
>>> http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/05/11/apples-siri-the-best-smartphone-ever-is-the-nokia-lumia-900-wait-what/
>>>

>>> [excerpt quote="
>>> Nokia Lumia 900 4G??!!
>>> " \]
>>>
>> Palm Pre by far.  No other phone/tablet OS can compare with WebOS.  Our
>> family has iPhones, Android, Blackberry, and even they agree.
>>
>> And HP killed it...
>>

>> Terry
> Oh?  Market share?
> End of discussion.