What if Mozilla is now evil?

Mr. Man-wai Chang

How could we retrieve and recover hostages Firefox and Thunderbird? :)

--
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!

Re: What if Mozilla is now evil?

RAV-2
On 7/28/2016 8:17 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

> How could we retrieve and recover hostages Firefox and Thunderbird? :)

One thing you /don't/ want to do is pay any ransom.  That would be a
significant source of funds for browser/newsreader terrorists and would
increase the likelihood that more browsers and newsreaders will be taken
hostage in the future.  ;-)

On 28/07/16 21:56, Rav wrote:

> One thing you /don't/ want to do is pay any ransom.  That would be a
> significant source of funds for browser/newsreader terrorists and would
> increase the likelihood that more browsers and newsreaders will be taken
> hostage in the future.  ;-)

Should we just call the police? :)

--
   @~@   Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty!
   ^ ^   (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10)  Linux 2.6.39.3

Re: What if Mozilla is now evil?

Wolf K.
On 2016-07-28 09:56, Rav wrote:
> On 7/28/2016 8:17 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
>>
>> How could we retrieve and recover hostages Firefox and Thunderbird? :)
>>

> One thing you /don't/ want to do is pay any ransom.  That would be a
> significant source of funds for browser/newsreader terrorists and would
> increase the likelihood that more browsers and newsreaders will be taken
> hostage in the future.  ;-)

That will work if and only if

a) you use Cloud; and/or
b) you are in the habit of daily backups to external drive(s), and
disconnect from the 'net during backup, and disconnect the externals
after backups.

It helps to have a healthy level of paranoia. :-)

--
Best,
Wolf K.

On 28/07/16 22:08, Wolf K. wrote:

> That will work if and only if
>
> a) you use Cloud; and/or
> b) you are in the habit of daily backups to external drive(s), and
> disconnect from the 'net during backup, and disconnect the externals
> after backups.
>
> It helps to have a healthy level of paranoia. :-)

We are NOT talking about computer stuffs. We are talking about hostage
rescue, then heal and cleanse them (Firefox, Thunderbird).