What if I missed the deadline train?

Rimas Kudelis
Hi,

I managed to miss the deadline and localize all apps properly last week.
Now, normally, I wouldn't be so bothered, but since this was an ESR
release, I have a few problems tickling:

1. There will be 31.x.0 releases of Firefox
2. There will ONLY be 31.x.0 releases of Thunderbird up until Tb 38 or
so, which (by my rough estimations) will only be released Q2 next year.

While I can live with the former, the latter is really upsetting,
because quite a lot strings changed in Thunderbird in this release.
Ideally, i'd like to fix both.

So my question is: would it be possible to sign off a different
changeset for 31 point releases than the one used for 31.0? And if yes,
how do I do that? I did take care to update my locale in steps as usual,
so there is a commit for that particular tree in my commit log.

Rimas

Re: What if I missed the deadline train?

Axel Hecht
On 7/24/14 10:53 PM, Rimas Kudelis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I managed to miss the deadline and localize all apps properly last week.
> Now, normally, I wouldn't be so bothered, but since this was an ESR
> release, I have a few problems tickling:
>
> 1. There will be 31.x.0 releases of Firefox
> 2. There will ONLY be 31.x.0 releases of Thunderbird up until Tb 38 or
> so, which (by my rough estimations) will only be released Q2 next year.
>
> While I can live with the former, the latter is really upsetting,
> because quite a lot strings changed in Thunderbird in this release.
> Ideally, i'd like to fix both.
>
> So my question is: would it be possible to sign off a different
> changeset for 31 point releases than the one used for 31.0? And if yes,
> how do I do that? I did take care to update my locale in steps as usual,
> so there is a commit for that particular tree in my commit log.
>
> Rimas

We don't support localization updates on ESR, sorry.

Axel