Quantcast

What does "503 service unavailable" mean?

What does "503 service unavailable" mean?

ewastudent
I am using firefox, and i can get to other sites, but my online schooling
site says "503 Service Unavailable" and "no server is available to handle
this request. Anybody know? thanks

Re: What does "503 service unavailable" mean?

raf-14
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:58:07 -0800 ewastudent wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C98392.CC2A06E0
>
> I am using firefox, and i can get to other sites, but my online schooling
> site says "503 Service Unavailable" and "no server is available to handle
> this request. Anybody know? thanks
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C98392.CC2A06E0
> filename="Paulie "Chrisco" Smithers.vcf"
>
> BEGIN:VCARD
> VERSION:2.1
> N:Smithers;Paulie;"Chrisco";chrisco
> FN:Paulie "Chrisco" Smithers
> NICKNAME:chrisco
> ORG:Globodyne;Justice
> TITLE:CEO
> NOTE:Love fishin
> TEL;WORK;VOICE:503-239-3746
> TEL;HOME;VOICE:(503)-666-6969
> TEL;CELL;VOICE:503-123-4567
> TEL;PAGER;VOICE:666-666-6666
> TEL;WORK;FAX:whats that/
> TEL;HOME;FAX:---
> ADR;WORK:;51st floor
> LABEL;WORK:51st floor
> ADR;HOME:;;20325 Cocker rd.;Hells Canyon;Oregon;17056;US
> LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:20325 Cocker rd.=3D0D=3D0AHells =
> Canyon, Oregon 17056=3D0D=3D0AUS
> X-WAB-GENDER:2
> URL;HOME:http://www.google.com
> URL;WORK:http://www.gofyourself.com
> BDAY:16010320
> EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[hidden email]
> REV:20090131T185807Z
> END:VCARD
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C98392.CC2A06E0--

Your Web server is currently unable to handle the HTTP request due to a
temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is
that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some
delay. Some servers in this state may also simply refuse the socket
connection, in which case a different error may be generated because the
socket creation timed out.

Google
--
"I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them."
                -- Isaac Asimov