What documentation would be most helpful to you?

What documentation would be most helpful to you?

Joey Minta
Since the backend re-write, documentation within the actual calendar/
codebase has improved significantly.  We now have idl files describing
pretty much all of the various calendar specific interfaces and the
number of comments describing internal functions and tricks is also
increasing.  However, to an outside observer, this documentation is
neither obvious nor accessible.  Although a few external
tutorials/documentation files have appeared in both wiki.mozilla.org and
DevMo, the overall calendar documentation status still leaves a fair bit
to be desired.

I cannot claim to personally have tons of spare time to try to rectify
the situation.  However, we do have a solid community out there who,
together, can probably make a dent in this need.  To start things off, I
thought it'd be useful to get a feel for what areas of code are in
highest need of documentation.

So, what areas of the calendar codebase would you be most interested in
seeing clear, concise documentation for?

-Joey

Re: What documentation would be most helpful to you?

Rod Whiteley
Is there a way to get the information in the IDLs picked up by
XULPlanet?  That will make it more obvious and accessible.

--
Rod Whiteley

Rod Whiteley wrote:
> Is there a way to get the information in the IDLs picked up by
> XULPlanet?  That will make it more obvious and accessible.

I made a token effort at getting a bit of the information from the IDLs
into DevMo's list of interfaces.  During the new views landing I tried
to add some documentation about the view interfaces, and I'd be happy to
take blame for any other interfaces I've written/had substantial impact
on.  On the whole, I think I'd prefer this information going into DevMo
than XULPlanet.  It seems like a better place, but that's just my opinion.

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Interfaces
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/calICalendarView