What a Way To Start The Day

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Daniel-257
EWA wrote:

Seems as Jay was commenting on a post by Andrew in m.s.thunderbird and
EWA responded so vehemently, does this mean that Andrew and EWA might be
one and the same???

One wonders.

Daniel

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

PhillipJones
Daniel wrote:

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>> Ron Hunter wrote:

I didn't have a userContent.css file until day before yesterday and it
only has to do with the Jive Style Forums used on adobe Forums

The problem is (and have test here before) that while I can use * and
see text as bold when using it,  the / and _ characters I can use and
some others can see, and other can not, I don't see them at all, I've
never been able to get them to work (show) for me even before using
QuoteColors.

So to emphasize a given phrase or or Paragraph I've had to resort to "
(quotation marks). Then fell like people are thinking what in the world
is that dumbass doing.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.  "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net           http://www.vpea.org

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Daniel-257
Phillip Jones wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

Phillip, when I composed my last reply, I didn't see the text in bold,
italics or underlined, just the *, / and _ either side of the words.

But now, when I read it here, I do see the effects and not the *, / or _.

Daniel

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

PhillipJones
Daniel wrote:

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:

  a *test*
  a _Test_
  a /test/

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.  "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net           http://www.vpea.org
mailto:[hidden email]

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

The Real Bev
Phillip Jones wrote:

> But Just using text like on typewriter or word Processor, and having the
> ability to bold, italicize, under line words or Phrase would serve
> immensely to get a point across, or emphasize certain items. I've
> managed to get such code a Bold to work but neither Italics, or
> underline works

Perhaps this is why our elected and appointed officials find it so difficult to
obey the Constitution.  Had html been invented in the 1700s our lives might be
very different today.

> In the plain old generic text, it is just plain boring and puts you to
> sleep just reading it. (I have enough trouble staying awake.) I've
> manged to mitigate the boring some what by changing the background I see
> as a Pale yellow rather than stark white with Black Letters and
> installing QuoteColors to break up the monotony.

I like QuoteColors, but I leave all the backgrounds the same.  It's nice to be
able to easily find the new stuff easily.

--
Cheers, Bev

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Daniel-257
Phillip Jones wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

Interesting!! When I read your post in the NG, Phillip, I saw the words
as they were supposed to be, bolded, underlined and italisised, so I
thought I let you know.

When this reply should up, the words were not bolded, underlined or
italisised, they were as you typed them.

Don't know if that's how it should be!!

Daniel

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

PhillipJones
Phillip Jones wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

Okay I only saw the Bold. and the italic. but not the under line

Daniel wrote:

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:

I typed with the appropriate character before and after the word.

I can read the * a boldface

I can read the / as Italic

but the underscore _   nothing different supposed to be underlined.

one more try
_test_

Phillip Jones wrote:

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:

<snip>

>>> Phillip, when I composed my last reply, I didn't see the text in
>>> bold, italics or underlined, just the *, / and _ either side of the
>>> words.
>>>
>>> But now, when I read it here, I do see the effects and not the *, /
>>> or _.
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>
>>  a *test*
>>  a _Test_
>>  a /test/
>>
> Okay I only saw the Bold. and the italic. but not the under line

I'm seeing all three in your posts to the NG, Phillip

Are all you others??

Daniel

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

squaredancer
On 30.06.2009 13:05, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
generate the following:? :

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

Phillip has had this problem for a long, long time now - don't know what
causes it, nor if he has implemented all the solutions offered ???
and "Yes" - I see the /correct/  presentation of his posts, bold,
italic, underlined.
The problem can - IMO - only be solved by another Mac-user, as Windows
users are seeing his posts as they are supposed to show!

reg

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Daniel-257
squaredancer wrote:

> On 30.06.2009 13:05, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
> generate the following:? :
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

Thanks for that, reg. You could be right about it being a Mac thing but
now that Phillip is saying he has two out of three working, I'm doubting it.

Could you do me another favour and have a look at one of Phillips post,
reply to it and see if your reply, before you send it, shows the three
lines correctly or does it show the coding, i.e. in your reply, does
Phillip's Bold show as _Bold_ or as the word Bold with an underscore at
each end??

Thanks, reg.

Daniel

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Melchert Fruitema-2
On 28-06-2009 22:38 CET, Phillip Jones composed this enchanting statement:
<x>

 a *test*
 a _Test_
 a /test/

... while composing in html mode, I do not see bold, underline or italic type format in the above.

--
Kind regards,
Melchert

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Melchert Fruitema-2
On 28-06-2009 22:38 CET, Phillip Jones composed this enchanting
statement:

> Daniel wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

... while composing in plain text mode, same behaviour as in html
mode: no show!

--
Kind regards,
Melchert

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2009/06/30 6:17 AM  squaredancer wrote:
> Phillip has had this problem for a long, long time now - don't know
> what causes it, nor if he has implemented all the solutions offered ???
> and "Yes" - I see the /correct/  presentation of his posts, bold,
> italic, underlined.
> The problem can - IMO - only be solved by another Mac-user, as Windows
> users are seeing his posts as they are supposed to show!

I'm using a Mac and I see his bold italic, and underlined as correct

--
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Larry Gusaas-4
On 2009/06/30 8:32 AM  Melchert Fruitema wrote:
> On 28-06-2009 22:38 CET, Phillip Jones composed this enchanting
> statement:
>>  a *test*
>>  a _Test_
>>  a /test/
>>
> ... while composing in plain text mode, same behaviour as in html
> mode: no show!

Interesting. When I view this message the bold, underscore and italic
display properly. In your previous message, which you sent in HTML, they
don't. I see the *, _, and / instead. When I compose a reply – I use
HTML mode – I see the *, _, and / but if I send the message to myself, I
see the bold, underscore and italic properly displayed.

If I use the B, I, or U buttons ( or command b, i, or u) they are
displayed correctly in the compose window.

Test message sent to myself in plain text displays either method
correctly. Message sent as HTML displays the B, I, U method correctly
but show the *,/, _ method as *. /, and _.

Larry

Phillip Jones wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

nope still no underline (underscore test underscore is what I typed)

Daniel wrote:

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

No underline when I read my own post. when I reply I can see where I put
the underscores

squaredancer wrote:

> On 30.06.2009 13:05, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Daniel to
> generate the following:? :
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

I don't see it whether I typed it and read my own post or someone else
types it.

Larry Gusaas wrote:

> On 2009/06/30 6:17 AM  squaredancer wrote:
>> Phillip has had this problem for a long, long time now - don't know
>> what causes it, nor if he has implemented all the solutions offered ???
>> and "Yes" - I see the /correct/  presentation of his posts, bold,
>> italic, underlined.
>> The problem can - IMO - only be solved by another Mac-user, as Windows
>> users are seeing his posts as they are supposed to show!
>
> I'm using a Mac and I see his bold italic, and underlined as correct

  this is the only thing I have in the userContent.css file in Chrome
folder:

#jive-wrapper {

width:100% !important;

background-color: #ffffff !important;

background-image: none !important;

}

This is to make the adobe Forums that powered by Jive fill up screen
width rather than 30%

Melchert Fruitema wrote:
On 28-06-2009 22:38 CET, Phillip Jones composed this enchanting statement:
<x>

 a *test*
 a _Test_
 a /test/

... while composing in html mode, I do not see bold, underline or italic type format in the above.

--
Kind regards,
Melchert

in HTML Mode
 would be:

TEST
TEST
TEST

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.  "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it"