What a Way To Start The Day

Jay Garcia
See the two posts just enterd by Andrew in .thunderbird .. Hurry before
they're cancelled. Maybe not though as "gives good support". 8-)

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Beryl-10
Jay Garcia wrote:
> See the two posts just enterd by Andrew in .thunderbird .. Hurry before
> they're cancelled. Maybe not though as "gives good support". 8-)

Oh dear, two Mozilla Forum Etiquette rules were violated.
Be civil: Androo directed an unprovoked personal insult at me.
Be kind to newcomers: Androo used profanity against the new poster.

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

user-41
On 24.06.2009 14:02, Beryl wrote:

> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> See the two posts just enterd by Andrew in .thunderbird .. Hurry before
>> they're cancelled. Maybe not though as "gives good support". 8-)
>
> Oh dear, two Mozilla Forum Etiquette rules were violated.
> Be civil: Androo directed an unprovoked personal insult at me.
> Be kind to newcomers: Androo used profanity against the new poster.

You have to understand, Andy gets away with most anything because like
Jay said, "he gives good support". Maybe they're afraid he'll talk dirty
to them.

/xo - on the road again .. er, in the air again. ;-)

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Jay Garcia
On 24.06.2009 15:25, user wrote:

>>> See the two posts just enterd by Andrew in .thunderbird .. Hurry before
>>> they're cancelled. Maybe not though as "gives good support". 8-)
>>
>> Oh dear, two Mozilla Forum Etiquette rules were violated.
>> Be civil: Androo directed an unprovoked personal insult at me.
>> Be kind to newcomers: Androo used profanity against the new poster.
>
> You have to understand, Andy gets away with most anything because like
> Jay said, "he gives good support". Maybe they're afraid he'll talk dirty
> to them.
>
> /xo - on the road again .. er, in the air again. ;-)

Hey I like that "talk dirty to 'em" ROTFLMAO !!!

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

PhillipJones
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 24.06.2009 15:25, user wrote:

And he also tweaks them by post in html when everybody , and his
brother,sister, Aunt, Uncle, cousin, niece, Mother, Father, Grandmother,
and Grandfather supposed hate the sight of any type of HTML in news or
email. They keep him around to get their Blood boiling.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.  "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net           http://www.vpea.org

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Ron Hunter
Jay Garcia wrote:
> See the two posts just enterd by Andrew in .thunderbird .. Hurry before
> they're cancelled. Maybe not though as "gives good support". 8-)

Andrew still posts?  How would I know?
I decided if Andrew wouldn't filter his use of the language, I would do
it for him, at least as pertains to my reading his posts.

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Ron Hunter
Phillip Jones wrote:

> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> On 24.06.2009 15:25, user wrote:

I don't mind HTML in commercial email, but really hate it in personal
email, and it really doesn't belong in newsgroups where thousands of
servers have to store those vastly inflated messages, and pass them
along over the network.

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Ron Hunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jay Garcia wrote:
> > See the two posts just enterd by Andrew in .thunderbird .. Hurry
> > before they're cancelled. Maybe not though as "gives good support".
> > 8-)
>
> Andrew still posts?  How would I know?
> I decided if Andrew wouldn't filter his use of the language, I would
> do it for him, at least as pertains to my reading his posts.

ISTM that's a better approach than reading all his posts and
encouraging everybody else to read them also.

--
»Q«                                                              /"\
                                      ASCII Ribbon Campaign      \ /

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Irwin Greenwald-4
On 6/24/2009 5:41 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> See the two posts just enterd by Andrew in .thunderbird .. Hurry before
>> they're cancelled. Maybe not though as "gives good support". 8-)
>>
> Andrew still posts?  How would I know?
> I decided if Andrew wouldn't filter his use of the language, I would do
> it for him, at least as pertains to my reading his posts.

Ditto!

Irwin

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

squaredancer
On 25.06.2009 03:10, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  »Q« to
generate the following:? :

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Ron Hunter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Jay Garcia wrote:
>>
>>> See the two posts just enterd by Andrew in .thunderbird .. Hurry
>>> before they're cancelled. Maybe not though as "gives good support".
>>> 8-)
>>>
>> Andrew still posts?  How would I know?
>> I decided if Andrew wouldn't filter his use of the language, I would
>> do it for him, at least as pertains to my reading his posts.
>>

> ISTM that's a better approach than reading all his posts and
> encouraging everybody else to read them also.

wot?  and miss all the fun /and/  the opportunity to learn new words??
not likely!
"long live Andrew" is wot I says!

reg

reg

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

EWA-2
fuck you

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

PhillipJones
Ron Hunter wrote:

> Phillip Jones wrote:
>> Jay Garcia wrote:
>>> On 24.06.2009 15:25, user wrote:

I can see where adding pictures or backgrounds, or moving Content would
inflate the size.

But Just using text like on typewriter or word Processor, and having the
ability to bold, italicize, under line words or Phrase would serve
immensely to get a point across, or emphasize certain items. I've
managed to get such code a Bold to work but neither Italics, or
underline works

In the plain old generic text, it is just plain boring and puts you to
sleep just reading it. (I have enough trouble staying awake.) I've
manged to mitigate the boring some what by changing the background I see
as a Pale yellow rather than stark white with Black Letters and
installing QuoteColors to break up the monotony.

I know its dead issue, where everyone hates the sight of it. Though I
find services like Yahoo mail and Gmail immensely popular and both use
HTML Mail. Perhaps People like use old fogies are a dying bread . where
we want to still run around in Model T's with Manual Transmission and
the three pedals in the floor.

On 6/25/2009 1:44 PM, EWA wrote:
> fuck you

Please keep some context around so we can easily determine whom you want
to fuck and possibly why.

Irwin

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Jay Garcia
On 25.06.2009 19:51, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

> Please keep some context around so we can easily determine whom you want
> to fuck and possibly why.
>
> Irwin

Irwin, that is sooo funny I am at a complete loss for words .. for once.
Made my day complete, thanks.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Don Nickell-3
Phillip Jones wrote:

> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

It ain't boring if the subject matter is interesting;
but messages from Aunt Polly about Suzie the cat
having kittens don't fall into that category...to me.  ;-)

> I know its dead issue, where everyone hates the sight of it. Though I
> find services like Yahoo mail and Gmail immensely popular and both use
> HTML Mail. Perhaps People like use old fogies are a dying bread . where
> we want to still run around in Model T's with Manual Transmission and
> the three pedals in the floor.

I don't like either because they are humongous in size
that I have to edit it out before archivally saving
them.  Although possibly I'm consider and "old fogy"
because I like my 1989 Porsche with 5 on the floor and
a clutch and an engine in the rear, eh.

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

JoeS-3
On 6/25/2009 9:18 PM, Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 25.06.2009 19:51, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

I would even say that this is the most pertinent post of the week/month :)
LMAO
The OP maybe should be considered OT even for moz.general

Joe

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

jim-182
!!!!!!???????. jim

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Ron Hunter
Phillip Jones wrote:

> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

I don't mind the HTML I get in email.  However, posting HTML in
newsgroups makes some people see red (regardless of what color your text
may be).  One reason is that some users use software that disallows HTML
for security reasons, and others just don't like the wasted bandwidth,
and storage requirements of HTML.

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

squaredancer
On 26.06.2009 03:18, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Jay Garcia to
generate the following:? :

> On 25.06.2009 19:51, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

I was going to write "yes please", but then - the post was addressed to you.
I also thought that maybe EWA is a man.... hmmmm, no thanks - not my line!

reg

Re: What a Way To Start The Day

Daniel-257
Phillip Jones wrote:

> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Phillip Jones wrote:

Phillip, is it that you cannot get _underline_ or /italics/ working or
that you don't know what to put to make _underlines_ and /italics/

me thinks its lines in your userContent.css file in your profile:-

/* Remove the *,/,_ characters for bold, italic, and underline from text
messages/posts */

.moz-txt-star > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }
.moz-txt-slash > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }
.moz-txt-underscore > .moz-txt-tag { display: none; }

/*

Hope these help.

Daniel