Webmail request

patrozoo
I think Mozilla should make their own webmail product. I think they
would be doing a great job with such a product, what do you think?
Does anyone knows if they have any plans for doing it? Or is this
something that never gonna happen?

Re: Webmail request

Jay Garcia
On 18.09.2008 07:28, patrozoo wrote:

> I think Mozilla should make their own webmail product. I think they
> would be doing a great job with such a product, what do you think?
> Does anyone knows if they have any plans for doing it? Or is this
> something that never gonna happen?

IMHO, there are too many web mail sites out there now. What could
Mozilla do to make it unique?

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org

Re: Webmail request

Alan Beagley
On 09/18/08 08:28 am patrozoo wrote:

> I think Mozilla should make their own webmail product. I think they
> would be doing a great job with such a product, what do you think?
> Does anyone knows if they have any plans for doing it? Or is this
> something that never gonna happen?

I hate Webmail. I wish it would all go away. Webmail is like having to
go to the post office to read my mail. I want my mail in my inbox, then
filtered into separate folders according to criteria I choose.

-=-
Alan

Re: Webmail request

Miles-4
* Alan Beagley wrote, On 9/18/2008 06:30:

> On 09/18/08 08:28 am patrozoo wrote:
>
>> I think Mozilla should make their own webmail product. I think they
>> would be doing a great job with such a product, what do you think?
>> Does anyone knows if they have any plans for doing it? Or is this
>> something that never gonna happen?
>
> I hate Webmail. I wish it would all go away. Webmail is like having to
> go to the post office to read my mail. I want my mail in my inbox, then
> filtered into separate folders according to criteria I choose.
>
> -=-
> Alan

Presumably you never travel or if you do always bring your laptop or
thumb drive with TB.

Re: Webmail request

The Real Bev
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 18.09.2008 07:28, patrozoo wrote:

I think he means treating webmail as if it were a POP server.  Gmail
already allows that, but hotmail and yahoo charge money for that
service.  There's a Thunderbird webmail extension, but yahoo and hotmail
seem to be tweaking their systems to make it stop working.  The windows
version apparently works better than the linux version, which is kind of
quirky and hasn't worked right for a long time.

> IMHO, there are too many web mail sites out there now. What could
> Mozilla do to make it unique?

Pay us to use it?

Re: Webmail request

patrozoo
On Sep 19, 5:37 am, The Real Bev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jay Garcia wrote:
> > On 18.09.2008 07:28, patrozoo wrote:

Yes exactly! Mozilla webmail, with integration with Thunderbird. So if
you're at home, you'll decide if you want to use the webmail or
thunderbird. But webmail is good, as you said, if you travel, at work
etc etc.

Just a thought!

And yes, there is alot of webmails out there, but there is also alot
of crappy webmails...I just thought that Mozilla could make a really
good service!