Web Based Vector Editor

alieneila
Hello, I am creating a website for my company that creates vinyl
banners and signs. I would like to use a web based image editor for
visitors to create their own designs and the designs be sent as a
vector image to me to be able to blow them up to the size of the
banner. I am having an extremely hard time finding such a program...
would I be able to use Gimp for this? If not, does anyone know where I
can find one?

Thank You

Re: Web Based Vector Editor

go2ghana
Joshua Segatto schrieb:

> Hello, I am creating a website for my company that creates vinyl
> banners and signs. I would like to use a web based image editor for
> visitors to create their own designs and the designs be sent as a
> vector image to me to be able to blow them up to the size of the
> banner. I am having an extremely hard time finding such a program...
> would I be able to use Gimp for this? If not, does anyone know where I
> can find one?
>
> Thank You

If you are ready to write the interface for accessing the gimp perl api
- that will be quite powerful

Cordially,
Axel

Re: Web Based Vector Editor

Felipe Sanches
actually Inkscape seems to be more apropriate for that purpose...

Felipe Sanches
Inkscape Developer
(yes, I am biased!)

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Axel Huizinga <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Joshua Segatto schrieb:
>
>  Hello, I am creating a website for my company that creates vinyl
>> banners and signs. I would like to use a web based image editor for
>> visitors to create their own designs and the designs be sent as a
>> vector image to me to be able to blow them up to the size of the
>> banner. I am having an extremely hard time finding such a program...
>> would I be able to use Gimp for this? If not, does anyone know where I
>> can find one?
>>
>> Thank You
>>

> If you are ready to write the interface for accessing the gimp perl api -
> that will be quite powerful
>
> Cordially,
> Axel

Re: Web Based Vector Editor

Jeff Schiller
Joshua,

Please check out SVG-edit: http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/

Web-based vector graphics editor that works in any modern browser
(we're working on IE).

This is a new project, so there are a lot of missing features.  For
simple vector images, this may be totally appropriate.  For complex
images, I agree with Felipe that Inkscape may be more appropriate.

Jeff Schiller
SVG-edit Developer
(yes, I am biased!)