We Provide The Oil and Get a Kick in the Butt for Doing It

1234 ... 12

We Provide The Oil and Get a Kick in the Butt for Doing It

Erness Wild
Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
$5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.

--
Takes more than talk to get things done.

Re: We Provide The Oil and Get a Kick in the Butt for Doing It

WaltS48
On 04/17/2014 07:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.

Needs to be subsidized more. :)

When I was passing gas stations using public transportation yesterday, I
noticed the price of unleaded was $3.73 here.

Did your guys raise the price of crude oil?

Re: We Provide The Oil and Get a Kick in the Butt for Doing It

Daniel-257
On 17/04/14 21:58, Erness Wild wrote:
> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.

Here, in a large regional town (pop 35,000+) in Australia, standard,
unleaded, petrol is about $1.55 per litre (i.e. approx 35 fl oz) or
$5.87 per gallon.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/28.0 SeaMonkey/2.25 Build identifier: 20140211200211

or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/29.0 SeaMonkey/2.26 Build identifier: 20140408191805

Re: We Provide The Oil and Get a Kick in the Butt for Doing It

Frank-32
On 4/17/2014 7:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.

I saw $3.58 in US dollars yesterday.
Have no idea what taxes you are paying.
I understand in EU where they pay about twice as much as US, it is all
taxes.

Re: We Provide The Oil and Get a Kick in the Butt for Doing It

Jay Garcia
On 17.04.2014 06:58, Erness Wild wrote:

> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.

Most of our "imported" oil comes from Canada and Latin America. Roughly
40% is produced here in the USA. Gas here in New Orleans is averaging
$3.39 USD for reg unleaded.

--
Jay Garcia - www.ufaq.org - Netscape - Firefox - SeaMonkey - Thunderbird
Mozilla Contribute Coordinator Team - www.mozilla.org/contribute/

Re: We Provide The Oil and Get a Kick in the Butt for Doing It

Wolf K.
On 2014-04-17 7:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.

I hope you appreciate subsidized medical care.

--
Best,
Wolf K.

On 04/17/2014 09:15 AM, Wolf K. wrote:
> On 2014-04-17 7:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>
> I hope you appreciate subsidized medical care.

I did not know we exported medical care to Canada from the USA.

We should have single-payer health care in the USA.

On 2014-04-17 9:29 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 04/17/2014 09:15 AM, Wolf K. wrote:
>> On 2014-04-17 7:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
>>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>>
>> I hope you appreciate subsidized medical care.
>>

> I did not know we exported medical care to Canada from the USA.

There is a persistent campaign to establish for-profit health care here.

> We should have single-payer health care in the USA.

It would be a lot cheaper. We have a mixed system, because only
"essential" care is covered. From time to time things are added or
subtracted, mostly because of political pressure.

BTW, I'm a compatriot of Ed's. I was just reminding him that there are
more important things than cheap gas.

--
Best,
Wolf K.

Re: We Provide The Oil and Get a Kick in the Butt for Doing It

Ron Hunter
On 4/17/2014 6:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.

Well, how do you think the people in Texas and Louisiana feel?  Most of
the oil and gas used in the US, that actually comes from the US, comes
from, and is refined in, Texas or Louisiana.  Yet we often pay more for
the oil, and always pay more for the gas, that out of state users.

On 4/17/2014 7:19 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 04/17/2014 07:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>>

> Needs to be subsidized more. :)
>
> When I was passing gas stations using public transportation yesterday, I
> noticed the price of unleaded was $3.73 here.
>
> Did your guys raise the price of crude oil?
http://www.npr.org/2012/04/11/150444802/where-does-america-get-oil-you-may-be-surprised

Looks like Canada could affect the price a bit.  Note that only 15%
comes from Canada, and 13% from Saudi Arabia.  Of course 38% is
'domestic', mostly from Texas and Louisiana.

On 4/17/2014 8:06 AM, Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 17.04.2014 06:58, Erness Wild wrote:

Went up this week here from $3.39 to $3.59.  Trending upward, again.

On 4/17/2014 8:15 AM, Wolf K. wrote:
> On 2014-04-17 7:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>
> I hope you appreciate subsidized medical care.

Unless Canada is markedly different from the US, much of that cost is
taxes, throughout the production, and refining, and at the pump.

On 4/17/2014 8:29 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 04/17/2014 09:15 AM, Wolf K. wrote:
>> On 2014-04-17 7:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
>>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>>
>> I hope you appreciate subsidized medical care.
>>

> I did not know we exported medical care to Canada from the USA.
>
> We should have single-payer health care in the USA.

I would disagree with that, but in a sense we do 'export' medical care
as people come from all over the world for treatment at specialized US
hospitals, such as St. Luke's in Houston.

On 17.04.2014 09:52, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 4/17/2014 6:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>>

> Well, how do you think the people in Texas and Louisiana feel?  Most of
> the oil and gas used in the US, that actually comes from the US, comes
> from, and is refined in, Texas or Louisiana.  Yet we often pay more for
> the oil, and always pay more for the gas, that out of state users.

Actually as of today's update, Texas / Louisiana has some of the lowest
prices in the USA.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

On 17.04.2014 10:02, Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>>>

>> Most of our "imported" oil comes from Canada and Latin America. Roughly
>> 40% is produced here in the USA. Gas here in New Orleans is averaging
>> $3.39 USD for reg unleaded.
>>
> Went up this week here from $3.39 to $3.59.  Trending upward, again.

Depends on where you shop - Shell here is the highest and the
independents are the lowest.

On 2014-04-17 10:52 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 4/17/2014 6:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>>

> Well, how do you think the people in Texas and Louisiana feel?  Most of
> the oil and gas used in the US, that actually comes from the US, comes
> from, and is refined in, Texas or Louisiana.  Yet we often pay more for
> the oil, and always pay more for the gas, that out of state users.

Yeah, but they pay income tax, and you don't. The machinery of
government must be oiled, er, paid for, somehow.

--
Best,
Wolf K.
RM

Re: We Provide The Oil and Get a Kick in the Butt for Doing It

RM
WaltS48 decreed, Read These Runes!:

> On 04/17/2014 09:15 AM, Wolf K. wrote:
>> On 2014-04-17 7:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
>>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>>
>> I hope you appreciate subsidized medical care.
>>

> I did not know we exported medical care to Canada from the USA.
>
> We should have single-payer health care in the USA.

Yeah.  Competition is *SO* over rated ;-)

--
Fifty flippant frogs
Walked by on flippered feet

On 17.04.2014 10:46, Wolf K. wrote:

> On 2014-04-17 10:52 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 4/17/2014 6:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
>>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>>>

>> Well, how do you think the people in Texas and Louisiana feel?  Most of
>> the oil and gas used in the US, that actually comes from the US, comes
>> from, and is refined in, Texas or Louisiana.  Yet we often pay more for
>> the oil, and always pay more for the gas, that out of state users.
>
> Yeah, but they pay income tax, and you don't. The machinery of
> government must be oiled, er, paid for, somehow.

I pay income tax, state and federal.

--
Jay Garcia - www.ufaq.org - Netscape - Firefox - SeaMonkey - Thunderbird
Mozilla Contribute Coordinator Team - www.mozilla.org/contribute/
Mozilla Mozillian Member - www.mozillians.org

Re: We Provide The Oil and Get a Kick in the Butt for Doing It

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 17/04/2014 14:15, Wolf K. wrote:
> On 2014-04-17 7:58 AM, Erness Wild wrote:
>> Well, I couldn't resist going off topic and making a very small rant
>> about Canadian prices at the pump, ouch for Canada,
>> we supply the oil to the States and pay twice for it,
>> $5.48 a gallon. Hope you guy appreciate subsidized oil.
>
> I hope you appreciate subsidized medical care.

We have National Health Service and it is free for anybody including
visitors coming to the UK.  Recently we have seen many Middle Eastern
Tourists coming to UK for free treatment.

Things are changing now and you need to produce your passport and
current visa before you can be treated.

--
Good Guy
Website: http://mytaxsite.co.uk

On 2014-04-17 11:58 AM, RM wrote:
> WaltS48 decreed, Read These Runes!:
[...]
>> We should have single-payer health care in the USA.
>
> Yeah.  Competition is *SO* over rated ;-)

For health care, there is no competitive market. When you're sick, you
need the care, you don't have the luxury of shopping around.

The fact is that the USA spends between two and three times as much on
health care as the other G-20 nations, and gets less value for the money
it spends. Sure, it has some of the best health care in the world, and
some of the best medical research institutions, and so on. But the
health stats (maternal and infant deaths, chronic disease, social
disparities in health, etc) are similar to what used to be called third
world countries. Life expectancy is a fairly good proxy for overall
health, stats here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

There are several different tables, several methods were used to make
the stats comparable; the US ranks at 35, 40, and 51 out of almost 200
countries. The worst ranking (51) was by the CIA.

Generally speaking, the market fails for necessities. People with a
great veneration for the market have not in fact read Adam Smith's book
all the way through. He discusses how (and why) the market can, and
usually will, be distorted by whoever has the power to distort it in
their favour. The Friedmanite (aka "neo-liberal") theory of the market
is at best an ex post facto description of metadata about cash flow. And
even as such it's not very useful. The main-stream market economists
failed to see the crash of 2008 coming. Why? Because they haven't a clue
about how real people behave in real life.

Have a good day,

--
Best,
Wolf K.