Watched Threads at top in Thunderbird others below (as per OE) a workaround.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Watched Threads at top in Thunderbird others below (as per OE) a workaround.

SilverWave
Just sent this workaround to a mate and thought I would post it here to
save others the same hassle :)

....

I have a workaround for the time being (see below) but you could vote
for this to be fixed here:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57898 :)

Workaround:
1. When you mark a thread as "Watched" also "Label" it as ToDo  (hit
keypad 4)

2. Then sort by Label, Ascending, and Threaded. (Messages and Threads
are set to All)

3. You can automatically Watch a thread that you post to by creating a
simply filter:
RULE: From contains <your name>
ACTION: Watch Thread.
ACTION: Label Message As > ToDo

Hope this is helpful... Happy New Year Everyone!

--
SilverWave
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-mail-news mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-mail-news
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Watched Threads at top in Thunderbird others below (as per OE) a workaround.

M Cowperthwaite
SilverWave wrote:
> I have a workaround for the time being (see below) but you could vote
> for this to be fixed here:
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57898 :)

I don't think this bug addresses the sort-by-watched-status problem;
these are more to the point:
   http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=222238
   http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=294901


> [...]
>
> 3. You can automatically Watch a thread that you post to by creating a
> simply filter:
> RULE: From contains <your name>
> ACTION: Watch Thread.
> ACTION: Label Message As > ToDo

That filter works; however, the label is applied to the message that you
posted, not to the entire thread.  When you sort threads by label, it
only sorts according to the label status of the topmost message in the
thread.

--
Michael Cowperthwaite

To send mail, remove 'Z's from the poster's email address.
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-mail-news mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-mail-news
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Watched Threads at top in Thunderbird others below (as per OE) a workaround.

SilverWave
M Cowperthwaite wrote:

> SilverWave wrote:
>> I have a workaround for the time being (see below) but you could vote
>> for this to be fixed here:
>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57898 :)
>
> I don't think this bug addresses the sort-by-watched-status problem;
> these are more to the point:
>   http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=222238
>   http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=294901
>
>
>> [...]
>>
>> 3. You can automatically Watch a thread that you post to by creating a
>> simply filter:
>> RULE: From contains <your name>
>> ACTION: Watch Thread.
>> ACTION: Label Message As > ToDo
>
> That filter works; however, the label is applied to the message that you
> posted, not to the entire thread.  When you sort threads by label, it
> only sorts according to the label status of the topmost message in the
> thread.
>

Yep... :(

I still have to find the top most post and set manually to ToDo(but at
least it is easier to spot marked as "Watched")

I have also found the following code to be helpful in highlighting
"Watched Threads":

treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(news, watch)
/* watched threads top msg */
{ color: #080 !important; }
treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(news, watch, selected)
/* watched threads, top msg, selected */
{ color: #0D0 !important; }
/* use a brighter green against dark background */

put this it in in userChrome.css (You may have to create this file)

In:
...Profiles\<121345678>.default\Chrome\userChrome.css

--

Cheers

SilverWave





--
Cheers

SilverWave
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-mail-news mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-mail-news