Want to join hindi team for mobile browser translation

Want to join hindi team for mobile browser translation

Atul Anand
Hi,
I am Atul Anand and is currently pursuing my B.tech in Electronics and
Communication Engineering at NIT Jamshedpur , Jharkhand, India.I am
interested in the project regarding the translation for mobile browser of
firefox.I would like to work for its localization in Hindi.
Please guide me in doing the same.

regards,
Atul Anand

Re: Want to join hindi team for mobile browser translation

arky-4
On 01/31/2012 11:09 PM, Atul Anand wrote:
> interested in the project regarding the translation for mobile browser of
> firefox.I would like to work for its localization in Hindi.

Getting in touch with Hindi L10N team would be a good start.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Teams:hi-IN

HTH

--arky

Re: Want to join hindi team for mobile browser translation

Axel Hecht
On 31.01.12 17:09, Atul Anand wrote:
> Hi,
> I am Atul Anand and is currently pursuing my B.tech in Electronics and
> Communication Engineering at NIT Jamshedpur , Jharkhand, India.I am
> interested in the project regarding the translation for mobile browser of
> firefox.I would like to work for its localization in Hindi.
> Please guide me in doing the same.
>
> regards,
> Atul Anand

Hi Atul,

I remember sitting with the Indian crowd at mozcamp asia in KL, and
there was a rather intense debate on which phones would actually support
Hindi.

Is there clarity to which extend which android versions and phones
support Hindi?

Axel

Re: Want to join hindi team for mobile browser translation

Ravi Chhabra
There is no clarity on this. Android team is very vague on CTL support,
however I understand that ICS code does have support for HarfBuzz which is
needs to be added during compile time and is not part of the 'default'.
Most vendors choose not to enable HarfBuzz. A few select versions of Sony
Ericson phones and Samsung phones sold in India has support for Hindi.

But I see no harm in having a Hindi version ready, if there are translators
willing to do the work.
Regards,
Ravi

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:15 AM, Axel Hecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 31.01.12 17:09, Atul Anand wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am Atul Anand and is currently pursuing my B.tech in Electronics and
>> Communication Engineering at NIT Jamshedpur , Jharkhand, India.I am
>> interested in the project regarding the translation for mobile browser of
>> firefox.I would like to work for its localization in Hindi.
>> Please guide me in doing the same.
>>
>> regards,
>> Atul Anand
>>

> Hi Atul,
>
> I remember sitting with the Indian crowd at mozcamp asia in KL, and there
> was a rather intense debate on which phones would actually support Hindi.
>
> Is there clarity to which extend which android versions and phones support
> Hindi?
>
> Axel

Re: Want to join hindi team for mobile browser translation

Rajesh Ranjan-2

Thanks for your interest.

Soon I will discuss with you and let you know how to proceed.

regards,

--------------
Rajesh Ranjan
Kramashah

________________________________

Re: Want to join hindi team for mobile browser translation

Aman Alam
੦੧/ਫ/੨੦੧੨ ੩:੧੫ ਸਵੇਰੇ ਨੂੰ, Axel Hecht ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:

> On 31.01.12 17:09, Atul Anand wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am Atul Anand and is currently pursuing my B.tech in Electronics and
>> Communication Engineering at NIT Jamshedpur , Jharkhand, India.I am
>> interested in the project regarding the translation for mobile
>> browser of
>> firefox.I would like to work for its localization in Hindi.
>> Please guide me in doing the same.
>>
>> regards,
>> Atul Anand
>
> Hi Atul,
>
> I remember sitting with the Indian crowd at mozcamp asia in KL, and
> there was a rather intense debate on which phones would actually
> support Hindi.
>
> Is there clarity to which extend which android versions and phones
> support Hindi?

Hi Axel
Most Andriod phones (2.3.6) have support for Hindi and many other Indian
languages, Firefox mobile yet not Render correctly Indic locales, while
in-built browser works fine (need to file a bug).

A S Alam