View==>Message Body as...TB Question...?

View==>Message Body as...TB Question...?

Martin Rosenfeld-2
Running TB 38.6.0: Because of problems reading small text in emails I
often have to go to VIEW==>MESSAGE BODY AS and choose between "original
HTML,""simple HTML," and "plain text." This takes three mouse movements
and clicks with no apparent keyboard shortcut available. Although I am
not yet crippled in my hands, this repeated operation is annoying. Is
there and easier way to accomplish "view message body as?" I have looked
for an ad-on, but cannot find anything.

Martin Rosenfeld

Re: View==>Message Body as...TB Question...?

Dave Yeo-3
On 06/20/16 03:27 PM, Martin Rosenfeld wrote:
> Running TB 38.6.0: Because of problems reading small text in emails I
> often have to go to VIEW==>MESSAGE BODY AS and choose between "original
> HTML,""simple HTML," and "plain text." This takes three mouse movements
> and clicks with no apparent keyboard shortcut available. Although I am
> not yet crippled in my hands, this repeated operation is annoying. Is
> there and easier way to accomplish "view message body as?" I have looked
> for an ad-on, but cannot find anything.

ALT-V, --> ALT-B, --> ALT-H,S or P for Original HTML, Simple HTML, or
Plain text.
A little easier though you'd think an extension would be out there.
Dave

Re: View==>Message Body as...TB Question...?

James Moe-3
On 06/20/2016 03:27 PM, Martin Rosenfeld wrote:
> Running TB 38.6.0: Because of problems reading small text in emails I
> often have to go to VIEW==>MESSAGE BODY AS and choose between "original
> HTML,""simple HTML," and "plain text."

  What is your default Menu :: View :: Character Encoding? Mine is set
to Unicode; one of its effects is that plain mail message text is often
displayed (almost) too small.
  If you change it to Western, the text is displayed as indicated in
your preferences.

--
James Moe
jmm-list at sohnen-moe dot com

Re: View==>Message Body as...TB Question...?

Martin Rosenfeld-2
Dave,

>> Running TB 38.6.0: Because of problems reading small text in emails I
>> often have to go to VIEW==>MESSAGE BODY AS and choose between "original
>> HTML,""simple HTML," and "plain text." This takes three mouse movements
>> and clicks with no apparent keyboard shortcut available. Although I am
>> not yet crippled in my hands, this repeated operation is annoying. Is
>> there and easier way to accomplish "view message body as?" I have looked
>> for an ad-on, but cannot find anything.
>
> ALT-V, --> ALT-B, --> ALT-H,S or P for Original HTML, Simple HTML, or
> Plain text.
> A little easier though you'd think an extension would be out there.
> Dave

Thanks for the helpful reply. I discovered that your advise works, but
you must not let up on the Alt key until all the other keys in the
sequence have been pressed.

Martin

Re: View==>Message Body as...TB Question...?

Martin Rosenfeld-2
Dave,

> Running TB 38.6.0: Because of problems reading small text in emails I
> often have to go to VIEW==>MESSAGE BODY AS and choose between "original
> HTML,""simple HTML," and "plain text." This takes three mouse movements
> and clicks with no apparent keyboard shortcut available. Although I am
> not yet crippled in my hands, this repeated operation is annoying. Is
> there and easier way to accomplish "view message body as?" I have looked
> for an ad-on, but cannot find anything.

ALT-V, --> ALT-B, --> ALT-H,S or P for Original HTML, Simple HTML, or
Plain text.
A little easier though you'd think an extension would be out there.
Dave

Thanks for the helpful information, however, you should add that you
must not stop pressing the ALT key until all the other keys have been
pressed.

Martin

Re: View==>Message Body as...TB Question...?

Martin Rosenfeld-2
James,

> On 06/20/2016 03:27 PM, Martin Rosenfeld wrote:
>> Running TB 38.6.0: Because of problems reading small text in emails I
>> often have to go to VIEW==>MESSAGE BODY AS and choose between "original
>> HTML,""simple HTML," and "plain text."
>>
>    What is your default Menu :: View :: Character Encoding? Mine is set
> to Unicode; one of its effects is that plain mail message text is often
> displayed (almost) too small.
>    If you change it to Western, the text is displayed as indicated in
> your preferences.

I keep character encoding set to Western.

Martin