Very quick question: in Thunderbird, where a composing windows goes to when... ?

Re: Very quick question: in Thunderbird, where a composing windows goes to when... ?

Mark Rousell-3
On 12/08/2018 08:31, Daniel wrote:
> I was going to suggest that, sometimes, posts are held up whilst they
> get moderated, but that, as far as I know, is posts to the
> mozilla.support.* groups, so, as your post is to this moz.gen group,
> that shouldn't apply!!

It's odd but I don't post often to m.general so I didn't feel it was
worth finding the cause.

--
Mark Rousell

On 13/08/2018 08:45, Daniel wrote:

> 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote on 13/08/2018 3:17 AM:
>> On 12/08/2018 08:31, Daniel wrote:
>>>

>>> I was going to suggest that, sometimes, posts are held up whilst
>>> they get moderated,
>>>

>> This is not quite correct.  Somebody posting for the first time in
>> Thunderbird or Firefox newsgroups will find his posts appear almost
>> immediately.  The moderator only holds those people who are
>> habitually violating the rules of the newsgroup.  For example when
>> somebody asks a simple question about how something can be done, then
>> there is no point in giving a 3 page answer to it.  Those posts are
>> likely to be held and almost not likely to appear.
>
> Habitual rules violators and newbies until they establish a "good
> habits profile", AFAIK.

I'm not aware that I've demonstrated any bad habits and I've only been a
member here since October 2015 with this email address and since 2008
(!) with my previous email address. ;-)

--
Mark Rousell

Re: Very quick question: in Thunderbird, where a composing windows goes to when... ?

Daniel-2
😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote on 14/08/2018 1:05 AM:

> On 13/08/2018 08:45, Daniel wrote:
>>

>> I could be wrong, though!! ;-)
>>

> Yes you are wrong.
>
> Most people don't have any problems;  Yesterday the Node or Nodes were
> down.  My posts appeared several hours later.  I can see WaltS' posts
> also appeared at the same time.  I doubt if we are both on the
> blacklist.  My posts appears almost immediately but yesterday was just
> completely different.  I can see many posts started appearing LATE.
>
> what is required is ChrisI to check the configuration once again to see
> if he could start afresh and see if there is any improvements in
> habits.  Mind you some trolls will always remain trolls and they are
> going to remain on the blacklist of whoever takes over from ChrisI when
> he decides to do something else.

O.K.!

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623