Valencian Firefox Translation Team

Software Valencià
Hi evrybody,
we are a team of volunteers that translate software into Valencian language, we have an own home page, this is: http://www.softwarevalencia.com

We have translated full installer Mozilla Firefox version into Valencian language (1.0.7 version) for Win and soon for Linux too. To download full installer Valencian win version: http://www.softwarevalencia.com/mozilla/firefox/FirefoxSetup-1.0.7-va-ES.exe

We have written to some Mozilla e-mail to put our Firefox version in their servers 3 week ago but they haven't answered us. Some of you could help us to upload Valencian Firefox to Mozilla servers?

Valencian Firefox web version (temporally) is: http://www.softwarevalencia.com/mozilla/firefox/firefox-val.htm

We have programmed 4 search-plugins dictionaries for Firefox too, auto-installables!
Valencian <-> Spanish and Valencian <-> English dictionaries.

Thanks you very much and a Happy New Year from Valencia!

Software Valencià Team

correu-e: [hidden email]

Re: Valencian Firefox Translation Team

Axel Hecht
Hi,

there is some debate on the status of the valencian language, so I had
to dig a little deeper to get a good answer to this request.

The bottom line is, Mozilla will stick to official language codes when
it comes down to official releases. So we won't register a language code
va-ES.

If you feel like going a non-standards way, I suggest that you do a
Firefox community edition,
http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/community-edition-policy.html.

In addition, we dropped the policy of uploading builds from 3rd parties
for the Mozilla products, and we're not going to accept new
localizations of 1.0.x.

I'm not sure if we should have another catalan version of Firefox, each
official localization is putting stress on our QA and release process
and catalan users already have two spanish and one catalan version to
choose from.

Axel Hecht, l10n coordinator