Using XPath

Sebastian Beyer
Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate a XPath against a XML-Document. Now i fount the DOM
Level 3 implementation documentation.

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Introduction_to_using_XPath_in_JavaScript

and I simply want to know from which version on is this supportet, Gecko or
Firefox. Because I would like to write Code that runs in older Versions
also.

thx
Spanky

Re: Using XPath

Martin Honnen-3
Spank Master wrote:

> I'm trying to evaluate a XPath against a XML-Document. Now i fount the DOM
> Level 3 implementation documentation.
>
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Introduction_to_using_XPath_in_JavaScript
>
> and I simply want to know from which version on is this supportet, Gecko or
> Firefox. Because I would like to write Code that runs in older Versions
> also.

Firefox for sure has support for that since Firefox 1.0 so in terms of
Firefox you can be sure that any released version has support.

In terms of Gecko/Mozilla I have run a quick test with Mozilla Suite 1.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020530
and it exposes a method named evaluate on XML DOM documents and
evaluating a simple XPath expression that way worked so the API is there
since Mozilla 1.0.

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/