Users security and shouldn't be allowed to CC:

Users security and shouldn't be allowed to CC:

Shib SS
I have a product called "Private" in which only the users in the group "PrivateUsers" have permissions to resolve.

1. All users can post bugs in that product.
2. Only PrivateUsers can resolve bugs.
3. Users cant see others' bugs under product Private.
4. Users shouldnt be able to add other users under "CC:" for this product.
5. They must be CC:'d by someone in the PrivateUsers bug group for that.

How can i achive this ?

Thanks.

--Shib

Re: Users security and shouldn't be allowed to CC:

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 09:43 +0000, Shib SS wrote:
> 2. Only PrivateUsers can resolve bugs.

        Edit CheckCanChangeField in process_bug.cgi.
Bugzilla->user->in_group('PrivateUsers') will tell you whether or not
the user is in the PrivateUsers group.

> 3. Users cant see others' bugs under product Private.

        Create a group called "nobody" that nobody belongs to. Make Group
Controls in this product Mandatory/Mandatory for this group. Then, only
the reporter, the Assignee, the QA Contact, and the CC list will be able
to see the bug.

> 4. Users shouldnt be able to add other users under "CC:" for this
> product.

        Edit CheckCanChangeField in process_bug.cgi.

> 5. They must be CC:'d by someone in the PrivateUsers bug group for
> that.

        CheckCanChangeField.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.