Users not pleased with latest release

Terry
I usually receive about a dozen email to Mozilla webmaster a week, but
since the latest release, that's more than tripled.  They are pretty
upset.  Lots of crashing, not loading at all, web pages don't work, and
on and on...

Terry

Re: Users not pleased with latest release

WaltS48-5
On 10/10/17 2:49 PM, Terry wrote:
> I usually receive about a dozen email to Mozilla webmaster a week, but
> since the latest release, that's more than tripled.  They are pretty
> upset.  Lots of crashing, not loading at all, web pages don't work, and
> on and on...
>
> Terry

Maybe more Beta testers are needed.

I'd have to check, but probably don't have crash reports for 56 because
I recently did a reinstall of my OS and apps due to a HD problem, but
ISTR 56.0 being stable in Nightly and Beta versions.

57.0b6 and b7 are crashing for me on shutdown, but my default Nightly
58.0a1 is stable so far.

I do have a one crash report for 56.0 from the day I had the problem
with the HD and before the reinstall!

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/8140787d-006d-47de-8be1-77ab81171006

Profile backups are handy to have around.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: Users not pleased with latest release

Lucifer Morningstar
On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 11:49:10 -0700, Terry <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>I usually receive about a dozen email to Mozilla webmaster a week, but
>since the latest release, that's more than tripled.  They are pretty
>upset.  Lots of crashing, not loading at all, web pages don't work, and
>on and on...

No change then?

>Terry

Re: Users not pleased with latest release

Terry
On 10/10/2017 6:18 PM On a whim, WaltS48 pounded out on the keyboard

> On 10/10/17 2:49 PM, Terry wrote:
>> I usually receive about a dozen email to Mozilla webmaster a week, but
>> since the latest release, that's more than tripled.  They are pretty
>> upset.  Lots of crashing, not loading at all, web pages don't work, and
>> on and on...
>>
>> Terry
>
> Maybe more Beta testers are needed.
>
> I'd have to check, but probably don't have crash reports for 56 because
> I recently did a reinstall of my OS and apps due to a HD problem, but
> ISTR 56.0 being stable in Nightly and Beta versions.
>
> 57.0b6 and b7 are crashing for me on shutdown, but my default Nightly
> 58.0a1 is stable so far.
>
> I do have a one crash report for 56.0 from the day I had the problem
> with the HD and before the reinstall!
>
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/8140787d-006d-47de-8be1-77ab81171006
>
> Profile backups are handy to have around.

Since I don't have any users with FF installed any longer, I can't do
any testing other than my machines, and since this flurry of complaints,
I decided to hold off updating to 56.

I've suggested Refresh on a few of them, but that doesn't appear to
correct it either.  Something happened and users aren't happy.