User = Enemy ???

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
58 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

Ray_Net
T wrote on 14-04-19 01:23:
>
>
> Firefox "seems" is ignoring the little bugs now too.  I can't
> order from some webs sites.  Buttons are missing.
> And on and on and so forth.  I think we are watching
> Firefox start to die.
>
>
>

Don't expect more on FREE software ...
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 14/04/2019 07:34, Ray_Net wrote:

> T wrote on 14-04-19 01:23:
>>
>>
>> Firefox "seems" is ignoring the little bugs now too.  I can't
>> order from some webs sites.  Buttons are missing.
>> And on and on and so forth.  I think we are watching
>> Firefox start to die.
>>
>>
>>
>
> Don't expect more on FREE software ...

Especially if they know some "rogue trader" is requesting something that
he knows nothing about!!!!!!!!!!!  We have a rogue trader (appropriately
known as T, Todd or Todd& Margo or Bonnie & Clyde) on Windows 10
newsgroup defrauding people when he personally doesn't like using
Windows 10 but he keeps telling people that he can fix their problems or
phobia of Windows 10.  He charges a fortune for cheating his customers.


--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
T
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

T
In reply to this post by Ray_Net
On 04/13/2019 11:34 PM, Ray_Net wrote:

> T wrote on 14-04-19 01:23:
>>
>>
>> Firefox "seems" is ignoring the little bugs now too.  I can't
>> order from some webs sites.  Buttons are missing.
>> And on and on and so forth.  I think we are watching
>> Firefox start to die.
>>
>>
>>
>
> Don't expect more on FREE software ...

Actually, I deal with both paid and free software.  I
find Open  Source is "typically" more responsive to
user input than paid software and as such is
"typically" of higher quality.  There are notable
exceptions.


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

Ray_Net
T wrote on 15-04-19 00:12:

> On 04/13/2019 11:34 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>> T wrote on 14-04-19 01:23:
>>>
>>>
>>> Firefox "seems" is ignoring the little bugs now too.  I can't
>>> order from some webs sites.  Buttons are missing.
>>> And on and on and so forth.  I think we are watching
>>> Firefox start to die.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Don't expect more on FREE software ...
>
> Actually, I deal with both paid and free software.  I
> find Open  Source is "typically" more responsive to
> user input than paid software and as such is
> "typically" of higher quality.  There are notable
> exceptions.
>
>

"Open source" ? Better ? I doubt when I know one with lot of bugs older
than 8 YEARS and never solved ...
I was responsible of taking care about customers for paid software ...
bugs a treated AT HIGHER PRIORITY ...
In such a way, that if possible we found a detour BUT the solution came
rapidly evenwhile the detour is working.
Some free software bug are considered as SOLVED when a detour is found.
Therefore I doubt that "Open source" is at higher quality.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
T
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

T
On 4/14/19 3:23 PM, Ray_Net wrote:

> T wrote on 15-04-19 00:12:
>> On 04/13/2019 11:34 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>>> T wrote on 14-04-19 01:23:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Firefox "seems" is ignoring the little bugs now too.  I can't
>>>> order from some webs sites.  Buttons are missing.
>>>> And on and on and so forth.  I think we are watching
>>>> Firefox start to die.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> Don't expect more on FREE software ...
>>
>> Actually, I deal with both paid and free software.  I
>> find Open  Source is "typically" more responsive to
>> user input than paid software and as such is
>> "typically" of higher quality.  There are notable
>> exceptions.
>>
>>
>
> "Open source" ? Better ? I doubt when I know one with lot of bugs older
> than 8 YEARS and never solved ...
> I was responsible of taking care about customers for paid software ...
> bugs a treated AT HIGHER PRIORITY ...
> In such a way, that if possible we found a detour BUT the solution came
> rapidly evenwhile the detour is working.
> Some free software bug are considered as SOLVED when a detour is found.
> Therefore I doubt that "Open source" is at higher quality.
>

Hi Ray,

And what you say is it true indeed.  You missed the word "Typically".

I especially see what you stated in paid software.  Have you ever
had the wonderful experience of a Dilbert style manager yelling
and spitting in your face "JUST SHIP IT !!!!"?

I see paid software all the time refuse to spend money on fixing
things when they have enough paying customer to make a profit.
You don't like it, go elsewhere.  Kaspersky and Drop Box come to
mind.

And on the Open Source front, Libre Office has slowed fixing bugs
reported by users, Firefox ignores you, and RHEL is tragic, bug riddled
"Stable" (meaning FROZEN CODE, not "quality code") where nothing
ever gets fixed.

Boy you should see how fast Brave (open source) fixes thing!  But
it is a new project and it got Firefox's best developer after Firefox
fired him for his voting record.  Qoppa (PDF Studio) is a paid
software that is EXTREMELY responsive to user input.

Don't forget I said there are notable exceptions.

-T

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

WaltS48-9
On 4/14/2019 6:34 PM, T wrote:

> On 4/14/19 3:23 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>> T wrote on 15-04-19 00:12:
>>> On 04/13/2019 11:34 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>>>> T wrote on 14-04-19 01:23:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Firefox "seems" is ignoring the little bugs now too.  I can't
>>>>> order from some webs sites.  Buttons are missing.
>>>>> And on and on and so forth.  I think we are watching
>>>>> Firefox start to die.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Don't expect more on FREE software ...
>>>
>>> Actually, I deal with both paid and free software.  I
>>> find Open  Source is "typically" more responsive to
>>> user input than paid software and as such is
>>> "typically" of higher quality.  There are notable
>>> exceptions.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> "Open source" ? Better ? I doubt when I know one with lot of bugs
>> older than 8 YEARS and never solved ...
>> I was responsible of taking care about customers for paid software ...
>> bugs a treated AT HIGHER PRIORITY ...
>> In such a way, that if possible we found a detour BUT the solution
>> came rapidly evenwhile the detour is working.
>> Some free software bug are considered as SOLVED when a detour is found.
>> Therefore I doubt that "Open source" is at higher quality.
>>
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> And what you say is it true indeed.  You missed the word "Typically".
>
> I especially see what you stated in paid software.  Have you ever
> had the wonderful experience of a Dilbert style manager yelling
> and spitting in your face "JUST SHIP IT !!!!"?
>
> I see paid software all the time refuse to spend money on fixing
> things when they have enough paying customer to make a profit.
> You don't like it, go elsewhere.  Kaspersky and Drop Box come to
> mind.
>
> And on the Open Source front, Libre Office has slowed fixing bugs
> reported by users, Firefox ignores you, and RHEL is tragic, bug riddled
> "Stable" (meaning FROZEN CODE, not "quality code") where nothing
> ever gets fixed.
>
> Boy you should see how fast Brave (open source) fixes thing!  But
> it is a new project and it got Firefox's best developer after Firefox
> fired him for his voting record.  Qoppa (PDF Studio) is a paid
> software that is EXTREMELY responsive to user input.
>
> Don't forget I said there are notable exceptions.
>
> -T
>

The latest on Ubuntu Linux bugs.

<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue573#Ubuntu_Stats>

I'll still use my Linux Mint 19 based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS or Ubuntu over
this dog called Windows.

Just updating all my Firefox installations and the TB Daily on my Win10
laptop.

On a side note. I tried helping a user with their several Lightning
calendar enhancement bug reports earlier today. They didn't want to
cooperate and provide the information I asked for to try and help the
developers determine if they were bugs. Told me he didn't have the time
to respond.

The reporter could make the changes they were requesting using the
provided tools. I marked them INVALID.

The user can be their own enemy. YMMV
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
T
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

T
On 4/14/19 3:47 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On a side note. I tried helping a user with their several Lightning
> calendar enhancement bug reports earlier today. They didn't want to
> cooperate and provide the information I asked for to try and help the
> developers determine if they were bugs. Told me he didn't have the time
> to respond.

A foolish decision on his part.

> The reporter could make the changes they were requesting using the
> provided tools. I marked them INVALID.

I wish you guys would come up with a better status than INVALID.
In the instance you described, you could not determine that it
was invalid but you marked it that way anyway.  It is insulting.

You should come up with "unable to duplicate" or "insufficient
information" or some such.


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

WaltS48-9
On 4/14/19 7:20 PM, T wrote:

> On 4/14/19 3:47 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On a side note. I tried helping a user with their several Lightning
>> calendar enhancement bug reports earlier today. They didn't want to
>> cooperate and provide the information I asked for to try and help the
>> developers determine if they were bugs. Told me he didn't have the
>> time to respond.
>
> A foolish decision on his part.
>
>> The reporter could make the changes they were requesting using the
>> provided tools. I marked them INVALID.
>
> I wish you guys would come up with a better status than INVALID.
> In the instance you described, you could not determine that it
> was invalid but you marked it that way anyway.  It is insulting.
>
> You should come up with "unable to duplicate" or "insufficient
> information" or some such.
>
>

There is "INCOMPLETE" and "WORKSFORME".


--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
T
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

T
On 4/14/19 5:13 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 4/14/19 7:20 PM, T wrote:
>> On 4/14/19 3:47 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> On a side note. I tried helping a user with their several Lightning
>>> calendar enhancement bug reports earlier today. They didn't want to
>>> cooperate and provide the information I asked for to try and help the
>>> developers determine if they were bugs. Told me he didn't have the
>>> time to respond.
>>
>> A foolish decision on his part.
>>
>>> The reporter could make the changes they were requesting using the
>>> provided tools. I marked them INVALID.
>>
>> I wish you guys would come up with a better status than INVALID.
>> In the instance you described, you could not determine that it
>> was invalid but you marked it that way anyway.  It is insulting.
>>
>> You should come up with "unable to duplicate" or "insufficient
>> information" or some such.
>>
>>
>
> There is "INCOMPLETE" and "WORKSFORME".
>

A much better choice than offending someone


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

Daniel-2
In reply to this post by T
T wrote on 14/04/2019 9:23 AM:

> On 4/13/19 4:22 AM, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>> T wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> It seem to you that Mozilla is not longer taking suggestions
>>> from its users.
>>>
>>> I ask this because I reported
>>>
>>> RFE: make the progress bar a different color than the background color
>>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1464529
>>>
>>> 11 months ago and it is still an issue.  And it was a simple,
>>> reasonable request.  I have seen other request (mine and others)
>>> that go ignored.
>>>
>>> Is it just me or has Mozilla gone the way of Open Office where
>>> they ignored all customer requests and bugs?  User = enemy?
>>>
>>> -T
>>
>> Open Office stopped updating altogether so expecting them to make an
>> exception for whatever your problem was is being extremely optimistic.
>> *Demanding* changes is also being optimistic, your special request was
>> assigned a low priority.  At least it was not rejected out of hand.
>
> Uhhhh.  I was talking about when OO was in full swing.  They
> ignored all the bugs I and others posted to them.  When LibreOffice
> started, they asked us for all our ignored bugs and fix them all
> post haste.  LO was my hero.
>
> OpenOffice is a tragic example of what happens to software when
> you don't keep up with the little bugs.
>
> But, now LO seems to ignore things too.
>
> Example:
> Deleting columns in a table can delete several columns if any cells in
> that column are merged with other cells
> https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46733
>
> And LO can't print an envelope for s***.
>
> Firefox "seems" is ignoring the little bugs now too.  I can't
> order from some webs sites.  Buttons are missing.
> And on and on and so forth.  I think we are watching
> Firefox start to die.
>
By-the-by, some time ago, I was unable to order stuff from Amazon.ca
'cause it got its "proceed to cash-register' (or however the button was
labelled) 'cause Amazon.ca used the Amazon.com (i.e. U.S.) Cash register
button, and I had my prefs set to not display content from other sites.

In SeaMonkey, that adjustment is at Edit->Preferences->Privacy &
Security->Images ... which I know have set to 'Load all images'. As you
are posting with Thunderbird and seem to be using Firefox as your
browser, I'm not sure where that pref is, maybe under 'Options'.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

Dave Royal
In reply to this post by T
T <[hidden email]> Wrote in message:
>
> I wish you guys would come up with a better status than INVALID.
> In the instance you described, you could not determine that it
> was invalid but you marked it that way anyway.  It is insulting.
>
Well, that's true. A dev apologised to me for using that recently.
 A better description would have been 'as yet undocumented
 change'. But I understood: it just meant 'not a bug'.
 

The dev/triager would normally explain in the last comment, though.
--
(Remove numerics from my email address)
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
T
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

T
In reply to this post by Daniel-2
On 4/14/19 10:28 PM, Daniel wrote:

> T wrote on 14/04/2019 9:23 AM:
>> On 4/13/19 4:22 AM, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>>> T wrote:
>>>> Hi All,
>>>>
>>>> It seem to you that Mozilla is not longer taking suggestions
>>>> from its users.
>>>>
>>>> I ask this because I reported
>>>>
>>>> RFE: make the progress bar a different color than the background color
>>>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1464529
>>>>
>>>> 11 months ago and it is still an issue.  And it was a simple,
>>>> reasonable request.  I have seen other request (mine and others)
>>>> that go ignored.
>>>>
>>>> Is it just me or has Mozilla gone the way of Open Office where
>>>> they ignored all customer requests and bugs?  User = enemy?
>>>>
>>>> -T
>>>
>>> Open Office stopped updating altogether so expecting them to make an
>>> exception for whatever your problem was is being extremely optimistic.
>>> *Demanding* changes is also being optimistic, your special request
>>> was assigned a low priority.  At least it was not rejected out of hand.
>>
>> Uhhhh.  I was talking about when OO was in full swing.  They
>> ignored all the bugs I and others posted to them.  When LibreOffice
>> started, they asked us for all our ignored bugs and fix them all
>> post haste.  LO was my hero.
>>
>> OpenOffice is a tragic example of what happens to software when
>> you don't keep up with the little bugs.
>>
>> But, now LO seems to ignore things too.
>>
>> Example:
>> Deleting columns in a table can delete several columns if any cells in
>> that column are merged with other cells
>> https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46733
>>
>> And LO can't print an envelope for s***.
>>
>> Firefox "seems" is ignoring the little bugs now too.  I can't
>> order from some webs sites.  Buttons are missing.
>> And on and on and so forth.  I think we are watching
>> Firefox start to die.
>>
> By-the-by, some time ago, I was unable to order stuff from Amazon.ca
> 'cause it got its "proceed to cash-register' (or however the button was
> labelled) 'cause Amazon.ca used the Amazon.com (i.e. U.S.) Cash register
> button, and I had my prefs set to not display content from other sites.
>
> In SeaMonkey, that adjustment is at Edit->Preferences->Privacy &
> Security->Images ... which I know have set to 'Load all images'. As you
> are posting with Thunderbird and seem to be using Firefox as your
> browser, I'm not sure where that pref is, maybe under 'Options'.
>

Hi Daniel,

I now load both Brave and Firefox on my customer's computers.  I
tell them if Firefox does not work, try Brave.  Got them going
and coming.

Firefox does not work on Swansom.com's check out, so I switched
to Brave.  I told Swanson about it and they are baffled.

I think Firefox is dying.  I hate to see it happening.

-T


-

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

WaltS48-9
In reply to this post by Dave Royal
On 4/15/19 2:03 AM, Dave Royal wrote:

> T <[hidden email]> Wrote in message:
>>
>> I wish you guys would come up with a better status than INVALID.
>> In the instance you described, you could not determine that it
>> was invalid but you marked it that way anyway.  It is insulting.
>>
> Well, that's true. A dev apologised to me for using that recently.
>   A better description would have been 'as yet undocumented
>   change'. But I understood: it just meant 'not a bug'.
>  
>
> The dev/triager would normally explain in the last comment, though.
>

I'm still learning and will try to remember that.

I didn't exactly ask for bug editing privileges. They were bestowed upon
me with some helpful wisdom.

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

tanstaafl-2
In reply to this post by T
On 4/13/2019, 7:08:50 PM, T <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have not seen them taking user input for some time now.
> No tabs on he bottom with rounded edges, the one I reported,
> things like that.

If memory serves there is a simple userChrome.css hack that can achieve
this...

Given that, and there seems to be not much demand for it, why are you
surprised?

Just hack it and stop complaining...

> And it does not help Firefox that I have had to move to Brave
> to purchase things on line as so may sites don't work with
> Firefox: missing buttons, order that go half way though, etc.

Sounds like you have some problems with your profile.

Do you honestly think that if everyone was experiencing those kind of
serious problems that the developers wouldn't work on fixing it?

> And if you report this to Firefox, you are wasting you time.

Maybe because they cannot reproduce your problem?
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
T
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

T
On 4/15/19 7:44 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:

> On 4/13/2019, 7:08:50 PM, T <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I have not seen them taking user input for some time now.
>> No tabs on he bottom with rounded edges, the one I reported,
>> things like that.
>
> If memory serves there is a simple userChrome.css hack that can achieve
> this...
>
> Given that, and there seems to be not much demand for it, why are you
> surprised?

In software, if you don't keep up on the small things, the large
get way out of control, as we are starting to see.

>
> Just hack it and stop complaining...

I don't know what the hack is and Brave works fine, so I use
Brave when I want to see progress.

And it was meant as an example of the developers not fixing
the small things and ignoring customers.

And in this instance, the color code is TWO BYTES LONG.
All they need to do is look up another color or just
guess at it.

>> And it does not help Firefox that I have had to move to Brave
>> to purchase things on line as so may sites don't work with
>> Firefox: missing buttons, order that go half way though, etc.
>
> Sounds like you have some problems with your profile.

Other profiles, safe mode, does not matter.

>
> Do you honestly think that if everyone was experiencing those kind of
> serious problems that the developers wouldn't work on fixing it?

Yes, exactly.  They don't care.   And I provided examples.

>
>> And if you report this to Firefox, you are wasting you time.
>
> Maybe because they cannot reproduce your problem?

Again, they are reproducible.  They just don't care.
I provided examples.

Firefox is dying.  And it totally sucks.

Oh ya, and I am getting sick and tired of explaining to
people what "server not found" actually means.  It
is a stupid and inaccurate error message.  Another
one they won't fix.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

WaltS48-9
On 4/15/19 4:42 PM, T wrote:

> On 4/15/19 7:44 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On 4/13/2019, 7:08:50 PM, T <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I have not seen them taking user input for some time now.
>>> No tabs on he bottom with rounded edges, the one I reported,
>>> things like that.
>>
>> If memory serves there is a simple userChrome.css hack that can achieve
>> this...
>>
>> Given that, and there seems to be not much demand for it, why are you
>> surprised?
>
> In software, if you don't keep up on the small things, the large
> get way out of control, as we are starting to see.
>
>>
>> Just hack it and stop complaining...
>
> I don't know what the hack is and Brave works fine, so I use
> Brave when I want to see progress.
>
> And it was meant as an example of the developers not fixing
> the small things and ignoring customers.
>
> And in this instance, the color code is TWO BYTES LONG.
> All they need to do is look up another color or just
> guess at it.
>
>>> And it does not help Firefox that I have had to move to Brave
>>> to purchase things on line as so may sites don't work with
>>> Firefox: missing buttons, order that go half way though, etc.
>>
>> Sounds like you have some problems with your profile.
>
> Other profiles, safe mode, does not matter.
>
>>
>> Do you honestly think that if everyone was experiencing those kind of
>> serious problems that the developers wouldn't work on fixing it?
>
> Yes, exactly.  They don't care.   And I provided examples.
>
>>
>>> And if you report this to Firefox, you are wasting you time.
>>
>> Maybe because they cannot reproduce your problem?
>
> Again, they are reproducible.  They just don't care.
> I provided examples.
>

The download progress meter in the Download arrow, door hanger and
Library get the color from the system theme.

On my Windows 10 it is blue in Firefox, green in Firefox on Linux Mint
19, orange in Firefox on Ubuntu unless I change the operating systems theme.

The only place it is hard to differentiate is when using the Library
where the bar is surrounded by the same color.

My Firefox icon on the task bar also fills in on Linux Mint 19 and
Windows 10, but not Ubuntu.

I don't know if anything changes if the user uses a theme from

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/>

I know it does when I change my Windows or Linux desktop themes.

Try a new download manager?

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?platform=linux&q=download>

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
T
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

T
On 4/15/19 2:02 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> Try a new download manager?
>
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?platform=linux&q=download>

There is about 3000 of them.  And most are for videos.

Anyway, I do have a work around for it.  I was only
showing this as an example of not keeping up with things.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

WaltS48-9
On 4/15/19 5:11 PM, T wrote:

> On 4/15/19 2:02 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> Try a new download manager?
>>
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?platform=linux&q=download>
>>
>
> There is about 3000 of them.  And most are for videos.
>
> Anyway, I do have a work around for it.  I was only
> showing this as an example of not keeping up with things. >

Yes there were a lot and you probably don't want to direct a user to
install an extension just to monitor a one time download.

IIRC they had a visible progress bar for downloads many versions ago and
it was um improved to this one.

I think we are stuck with it.

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

tanstaafl-2
In reply to this post by T
On 4/15/2019, 4:42:54 PM, T <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 4/15/19 7:44 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> If memory serves there is a simple userChrome.css hack that can achieve
>> this...
>>
>> Given that, and there seems to be not much demand for it, why are you
>> surprised?

> In software, if you don't keep up on the small things, the large
> get way out of control, as we are starting to see.

It isnt a bug, it is a minor personal preference of very few people,
that has a workaround that can easily be applied.

I was going to reply to the rest of your ranting, but realized it is
futile, so just feel free to wallow in the misery of your own creation.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
T
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: User = Enemy ???

T
On 4/16/19 7:03 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:

> On 4/15/2019, 4:42:54 PM, T <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 4/15/19 7:44 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>> If memory serves there is a simple userChrome.css hack that can achieve
>>> this...
>>>
>>> Given that, and there seems to be not much demand for it, why are you
>>> surprised?
>
>> In software, if you don't keep up on the small things, the large
>> get way out of control, as we are starting to see.
>
> It isnt a bug, it is a minor personal preference of very few people,
> that has a workaround that can easily be applied.
>
> I was going to reply to the rest of your ranting, but realized it is
> futile, so just feel free to wallow in the misery of your own creation.
>

This is a good example of why Firefox is dying.

I have identified a problem: low skill can't find
the blue arrow.  Go To Assist tech support tells us
to have our clients switch browsers.  Low skill
users do not have an issue with "Blink" based
browsers.

Me, I easily deal with the blue down arrow.  I think
it is rather cute.  But I deal with multiple low
computer skill customers that simply can't find it.

This is universal across everyone using Go To Assist.
And Mozilla's response is that it is my "personal
preference".  Ya, me and everyone else that uses Go
To Assist.

Disrespect your user base and they go elsewhere.
Mozilla does not give a s***.  It sucks to see Firefox
die like this.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
123