Use of Keychain passwords on Mac

Scott Forbes
I would like to submit a feature request.

On a Mac, Safari stores all the login passwords and usernames in something called the Keychain.  It is a framework that the OS offers apps to accesss login credentials from a common source.

It would be ideal if Firefox could access the keychain and use all of the passwords that Safari has access to.

I want to know what you Mac users think of this suggestion.

Re: Use of Keychain passwords on Mac

Balaco ocalaB
Em 12-04-2018 21:20, Scott Forbes escreveu:
> I would like to submit a feature request.
>
> On a Mac, Safari stores all the login passwords and usernames in something called the Keychain.  It is a framework that the OS offers apps to accesss login credentials from a common source.
>
> It would be ideal if Firefox could access the keychain and use all of the passwords that Safari has access to.
>
> I want to know what you Mac users think of this suggestion.

I think I will never be, as I never was, a Mac (or Apple) user. It is
not worth what it asks for. And it is closed source. Free yourself! Find
an ideal linux for you. You already know Firefox, which is a good start.
There may be much more to know, much more to discover, and a good amount
of free as in freedom things to discover. There are several fora to help
you, from the newbie to the most advanced knowledge levels.

--
=
        quem você é?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Re: Use of Keychain passwords on Mac

Terry
On 4/12/2018 5:20 PM On a whim, Scott Forbes pounded out on the keyboard

> I would like to submit a feature request.
>
> On a Mac, Safari stores all the login passwords and usernames in something called the Keychain.  It is a framework that the OS offers apps to accesss login credentials from a common source.
>
> It would be ideal if Firefox could access the keychain and use all of the passwords that Safari has access to.
>
> I want to know what you Mac users think of this suggestion.

Keychain isn't for sharing between apps/programs.  It's only for the OS
to store passwords for ease of use.

I think it's a bad idea to allow one program to access another programs
passwords.  That is a disaster waiting to happen.

Terry