Upgrading and migrating

alangunnsteel
Hello,

We would like to move our Bugzilla installation from an old server, running CentOS 5 and Bugzilla 3.04, to an AWS EC2 instance, running AWS Linux and the current version of Bugzilla.  We are looking for advice as to the best way to accomplish this.  Should/can we restore the backup from the old server to the new one, which is running Bugzilla 5.0?  Should we install Bugzilla 3.04 on the new new server, restore the backup from the old server to it, and then upgrade the new server to 5.0?  Any advice/guidance/warnings would be greatly appreciated!