Update on FFx/TBird 1.5.0.4 - code freeze May1st

Update on FFx/TBird 1.5.0.4 - code freeze May1st

Tim Riley-3
Here is a quick update on Firefox and Thunderbird 1.5.0.4.

Key dates:
* Currently only taking critical security and top crash fixes and
focusing on getting approved bugs patched and landed for the code freeze
* Code freeze is Monday, May 1st
* Release candidate ~ May 9th
* Release on ~ May 25th

See the  Community Page for details about the release activities:

        http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.4:Community)

The Release Team (darin, dveditz, jay, timr) have triaged all requests
for blocker nominations, blocker patch approvals, and non-blocker patch
approvals.  So we are in good shape from a triage queue standpoint.  Now
the key is to fix the remaining 13 bugs that need a final branch patch
and get those and the other 12 bugs with approved patches landed.

--Tim (for the FFx/TBird Release Team)

Re: Update on FFx/TBird 1.5.0.4 - code freeze May1st

Tim Riley-3
Tim Riley wrote:

> Here is a quick update on Firefox and Thunderbird 1.5.0.4.
>
> Key dates:
> * Currently only taking critical security and top crash fixes and
> focusing on getting approved bugs patched and landed for the code freeze
> * Code freeze is Monday, May 1st
> * Release candidate ~ May 9th
> * Release on ~ May 25th
>
> See the  Community Page for details about the release activities:
>
>     http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.4:Community)
>
> The Release Team (darin, dveditz, jay, timr) have triaged all requests
> for blocker nominations, blocker patch approvals, and non-blocker patch
> approvals.  So we are in good shape from a triage queue standpoint.  Now
> the key is to fix the remaining 13 bugs that need a final branch patch
> and get those and the other 12 bugs with approved patches landed.
>
> --Tim (for the FFx/TBird Release Team)

The release schedule is in the  Community page above or see the
graphical one here:

        http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.3:Schedule

--Tim

Re: Update on FFx/TBird 1.5.0.4 - code freeze May1st

Mike Shaver
On 4/27/06, Tim Riley <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The release schedule is in the  Community page above or see the
> graphical one here:
>
>         http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.3:Schedule

Someone should probably rename that to by 1.5.0.4 and change the text
appropriately, in the interests of avoiding confusion. :)

Mike

Mike Shaver wrote:

> On 4/27/06, Tim Riley <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The release schedule is in the  Community page above or see the
>> graphical one here:
>>
>>         http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.3:Schedule
>
> Someone should probably rename that to by 1.5.0.4 and change the text
> appropriately, in the interests of avoiding confusion. :)
>
> Mike

Done!  See:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.4:Schedule

I also polished up the schedule and added some explanatory text at the
bottom.