Update boommarks favicons option

Lars-Erik Østerud
I have lots of old bookmarks without Favicons (imported ones,
bookmarks that did not have a Favicon when added etc). But even if the
page now has a Favicon it is not updated in the bookmark entry. I need
a "Update bookmarks favicon" menu choice in "Bookmarks".

Pretty please? :-)

PS!  Or if there is a way to change something in the bookmark file
(where is that) to make the favicon update (like it is done when you
add a new bookmark, then the favicon is not updated until the next
time you use the bookmark, so there must be a flag for this...)
--
 Lars-Erik  -  http://www.osterud.name  -  ICQ 7297605

Re: Update boommarks favicons option

Mumia W..-3
On 11/30/2006 02:11 PM,  wrote:

> I have lots of old bookmarks without Favicons (imported ones,
> bookmarks that did not have a Favicon when added etc). But even if the
> page now has a Favicon it is not updated in the bookmark entry. I need
> a "Update bookmarks favicon" menu choice in "Bookmarks".
>
> Pretty please? :-)
>
> PS!  Or if there is a way to change something in the bookmark file
> (where is that) to make the favicon update (like it is done when you
> add a new bookmark, then the favicon is not updated until the next
> time you use the bookmark, so there must be a flag for this...)

You don't say what software you're using: Seamonkey, Firefox, Internet
Explorer?

In Firefox, make sure that the about:config entry
"browser.chrome.site_icons" is set to "true," then open the bookmarks
manager and double-click the bookmark you want updated.

This does not seem to work in Seamonkey.

Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:

> You don't say what software you're using: Seamonkey, Firefox, Internet
> Explorer?

Sorry FF2

> In Firefox, make sure that the about:config entry
> "browser.chrome.site_icons" is set to "true," then open the bookmarks
> manager and double-click the bookmark you want updated.

Works for new bookmarks, not for old, won't update the icon

On 12/02/2006 09:23 AM,  wrote:

> Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
>
>> You don't say what software you're using: Seamonkey, Firefox, Internet
>> Explorer?
>
> Sorry FF2
>
>> In Firefox, make sure that the about:config entry
>> "browser.chrome.site_icons" is set to "true," then open the bookmarks
>> manager and double-click the bookmark you want updated.
>
> Works for new bookmarks, not for old, won't update the icon

I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. Try, in the Bookmarks
Manager, using copy and paste on an old bookmark and double-click the
new copy.

Try clearing the cache too.