Update Seznam.cz search engine icon, or not?

Update Seznam.cz search engine icon, or not?

Michal Stanke-2
Hi.

One of search providers (Seznam.cz) included in Firefox for Android has
changed the icon they use for touch devices. Instead of a white "S" on
red background (here
<https://transvision.mozfr.org/productization/?locale=cs&product=mobile>),
they now have red "S" on white background (here
<https://www.seznam.cz/media/img/seznam-icons/apple-touch-icon-180x180.png>).
It means the color scheme is now consistent with their favicon and
desktop icon, however IIRC correctly white background is not good in the
Firefox mobile interface.

What is the best reaction on this change? Should we keep the current
icon (red background), switch to the new one (white background), or ask
Seznam.cz to decide, what icon they prefer to have in Firefox?

Cheers,

--
Michal

Re: Update Seznam.cz search engine icon, or not?

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Asking them, noting that a white icon wouldn't work, is the best
option. The alternative would be a light gray, but you need a
transparent PNG or vector image.

Francesco

Il giorno mer 19 dic 2018 alle ore 08:28 Michal Stanke
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi.
>
> One of search providers (Seznam.cz) included in Firefox for Android has
> changed the icon they use for touch devices. Instead of a white "S" on
> red background (here
> <https://transvision.mozfr.org/productization/?locale=cs&product=mobile>),
> they now have red "S" on white background (here
> <https://www.seznam.cz/media/img/seznam-icons/apple-touch-icon-180x180.png>).
> It means the color scheme is now consistent with their favicon and
> desktop icon, however IIRC correctly white background is not good in the
> Firefox mobile interface.
>
> What is the best reaction on this change? Should we keep the current
> icon (red background), switch to the new one (white background), or ask
> Seznam.cz to decide, what icon they prefer to have in Firefox?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Michal

Re: Update Seznam.cz search engine icon, or not?

Michal Stanke-2
Ok, thanks!
--
Michal Stanke

st 19. 12. 2018 v 10:03 odesílatel Francesco Lodolo <[hidden email]>