Quantcast

'Unsorted' bookmarks

Richard Newsum
I would like to be able to rename the 'Other bookmarks' folder because it
interferes with the keyboard shortcut for my other folder beginning with 'O'.

While we're at it, couldn't we have a possibility to choose a default folder
for new bookmarks not placed into a specific folder?

By the way, why did anyone think 'unsorted bookmarks' needed to be renamed?

R.

Re: 'Unsorted' bookmarks

EE-2
Rikardo wrote:

> I would like to be able to rename the 'Other bookmarks' folder because
> it interferes with the keyboard shortcut for my other folder beginning
> with 'O'.
>
> While we're at it, couldn't we have a possibility to choose a default
> folder for new bookmarks not placed into a specific folder?
>
> By the way, why did anyone think 'unsorted bookmarks' needed to be renamed?
>
> R.

I would like to know why someone decided that that folder should never
be removed.  I never use it, but I cannot remove it.

Re: 'Unsorted' bookmarks

Andy-66
Because its core part of the program that if removed the browser wont work
correctly:)

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
news:[hidden email]...

Andy wrote:
> Because its core part of the program that if removed the browser wont work
> correctly:)

That would depend on how you bookmark things.  I use the bookmarks menu
and choose the appropriate action there.  I put the bookmark directly
into the folder where I think it should be.

Re: 'Unsorted' bookmarks

Andy-66
That is how most of us do it the same way you do your bookmarks.
but because some cant be bothered to do it that way Mozilla created a
default book mark folder.
the ones you create you can delete if you wish the un sorted one is part of
the program.