Undefined reference to cert_DestroyLocks while compiling libnss3.so

Undefined reference to cert_DestroyLocks while compiling libnss3.so

Jon Schuster-2
I'm trying to compile Firefox from source for the first time and I'm
running into some issues.Everything seemed to configure correctly, and
it compiles fine for a while until I run into the error below:

make[6]: Entering directory `/home/schu/projects/firefox/src/security/
nss/lib/nss'
rm -f /home/schu/projects/firefox/src/ff-opt/nss/nss/libnss3.so
gcc -shared  -Wl,-z,defs -Wl,-soname -Wl,libnss3.so -Wl,--version-
script,/home/schu/projects/firefox/src/ff-opt/nss/nss/nss.def -o /home/
schu/projects/firefox/src/ff-opt/nss/nss/libnss3.so /home/schu/
projects/firefox/src/ff-opt/nss/nss/nssinit.o /home/schu/projects/
firefox/src/ff-opt/nss/nss/nssver.o /home/schu/projects/firefox/src/ff-
opt/nss/nss/utilwrap.o                     -L/home/schu/projects/
firefox/src/ff-opt/dist/lib -lnssutil3 -L/home/schu/projects/firefox/
src/ff-opt/dist/lib -lplc4 -lplds4 -lnspr4  -lpthread  -ldl -lc
/home/schu/projects/firefox/src/ff-opt/nss/nss/nssinit.o: In function
`NSS_Shutdown':
nssinit.c:(.text+0x1ad): undefined reference to `cert_DestroyLocks'
nssinit.c:(.text+0x1b2): undefined reference to `ShutdownCRLCache'
nssinit.c:(.text+0x1b7): undefined reference to `OCSP_ShutdownGlobal'
... (there are several more undefined references after that point, but
you get the idea)

It looks like some libraries aren't getting referenced correctly
somehow. I checked, and cert_DestroyLocks is defined in security/nss/
lib/certdb/certdb.c, ShutdownCRLCache is in security/nss/lib/certdb/
crl.c, and OCSP_ShutdownGlobal is in security/nss/lib/certhigh/ocsp.c.
Both libcertdb.a and libcerthi.a are in my ff-opt/dist/lib (which the
linker is referencing), so it looks like they built okay, but that's
based on my very limited knowledge of the system.

I'm running Ubuntu Hardy Heron, the 64-bit version, with a relatively
standard install. My mozconfig file is just the "Firefox, Default
Release Configuration" listed at the bottom of
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Configuring_Build_Options . Any help
to get this working would be appreciated, as I'd like to start
contributing some code.

Re: Undefined reference to cert_DestroyLocks while compiling libnss3.so

Jon Schuster-2
Can anyone please help me with this? I'm really feeling pretty stuck
here, and I'd like to be able to compile this.

I saw something mentioned that NSS doesn't use autoconf; could that
somehow be part of the problem? Are there some special steps for
building NSS that I'm missing?

Re: Undefined reference to cert_DestroyLocks while compiling libnss3.so

Jon Schuster-2
How about this: Could someone just send me a text file with the output
from a successful build run on Linux? That would at least tell me
(roughly) what the compile statement for libnss3 should look like,
which would at least narrow down the problem for me. That would tell
me whether it's referencing the right libraries, in the right order,
etc.

I'm just looking for the output from something like this:

make -f client.mk build > build_output.txt

I'm really trying to help myself as much as possible here, but a
little help would go a long way, and would be much appreciated.

Re: Undefined reference to cert_DestroyLocks while compiling libnss3.so

Jon Schuster-2
Actually, now that I think about it, I really don't need the full
output: just the part that includes the compilation statement from my
first message.

Build error: freetype2: No such file or directory. Stop.

Adam Dolinski

With the latest addition of freetype to Mozilla Mobile build tree and new build instructions, I receive the error like at the end of this letter.
Apparently it needs the
"mozilla-central\objdir-wm6-dbg-opt\xulrunner\modules\freetype2" folder.
But when I create such folder the error is:
make[7]: Entering directory `/c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central/objdir-wm6-dbg-opt/xulrunner/modules/freetype2'
make[7]: *** No rule to make target `export'.  Stop.
make[7]: Leaving directory `/c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central/objdir-wm6-dbg-opt/xulrunner/modules/freetype2'

Does anybody know, what can help?

Regards,
Adam DoliƄski

==========
make[5]: Entering directory `/c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central/objdir-wm6-dbg-opt/
xulrunner/gfx'
/bin/perl /c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central/build/autoconf/make-makefile -t /c/Dev
/WinMob_6/mozilla-central -d ..  thebes/Makefile
creating gfx/thebes/Makefile
make[6]: Entering directory `/c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central/objdir-wm6-dbg-opt/
xulrunner/gfx/cairo'
make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** ../../modules/freetype2: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory
make[6]: *** [export] Error 2
make[6]: Leaving directory `/c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central/objdir-wm6-dbg-opt/x
ulrunner/gfx/cairo'
make[5]: *** [export] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory `/c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central/objdir-wm6-dbg-opt/x
ulrunner/gfx'
make[4]: *** [export_tier_gecko] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central/objdir-wm6-dbg-opt/x
ulrunner'
make[3]: *** [tier_gecko] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central/objdir-wm6-dbg-opt/x
ulrunner'
make[2]: *** [default] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central/objdir-wm6-dbg-opt/x
ulrunner'
make[1]: *** [build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Dev/WinMob_6/mozilla-central'
make: *** [build] Error 2

Re: Undefined reference to cert_DestroyLocks while compiling libnss3.so

Frank Wein
Jon Schuster wrote:

> How about this: Could someone just send me a text file with the output
> from a successful build run on Linux? That would at least tell me
> (roughly) what the compile statement for libnss3 should look like,
> which would at least narrow down the problem for me. That would tell
> me whether it's referencing the right libraries, in the right order,
> etc.
>
> I'm just looking for the output from something like this:
>
> make -f client.mk build>  build_output.txt
>
> I'm really trying to help myself as much as possible here, but a
> little help would go a long way, and would be much appreciated.

Hi,
you can get a full build log by clicking on the "L" at the "Linux
mozilla-central nightly" box at the Firefox tinderbox page under
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Firefox.
http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showlog.cgi?log=Firefox/1225792800.1225796318.10771.gz&fulltext=1
is a log from today's nightly build.

Frank

Frank Wein wrote:
> Hi,
> you can get a full build log by clicking on the "L" at the "Linux
> mozilla-central nightly" box at the Firefox tinderbox page underhttp://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Firefox.http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showlog.cgi?log=Firefox/1225792800.12257...
> is a log from today's nightly build.

Awesome. Thank you, Frank.