Quantcast

Unauthorized use of Firefox logo

Rasmus Hovgaard
Hi there.

This commercial popped up at my browser, obviously regular scam offering
you "free" money. But this used your logo in a way, so that people easily
will correspond it to your company.
Im not sure whether it is illegal or not, but i thought you would like to
see it. I attatched a screenshot of it.

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Rasmus Hovgaard.

Re: Unauthorized use of Firefox logo

Leo McArdle
I don't think the legal list allows attachments, at least, it hasn't come
through here.

Think you can upload the screenshot somewhere and link to it?

~Leo

On 13 October 2014 19:30, Rasmus Hovgaard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> This commercial popped up at my browser, obviously regular scam offering
> you "free" money. But this used your logo in a way, so that people easily
> will correspond it to your company.
> Im not sure whether it is illegal or not, but i thought you would like to
> see it. I attatched a screenshot of it.
>
> Have a nice day!
>

> Best regards
>
> Rasmus Hovgaard.

Re: Unauthorized use of Firefox logo

Leo McArdle
I think the proper course of action is for you to fill in the fraud
report form [1] and then one of Mozilla's lawyers (or, at least, more
legally versed contributors) will deal with it.

Thanks for reaching out,
Leo

[1] https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/legal/fraud-report/