Unable to install PerlMagick on Windows

jdpond
I'm having trouble loading PerlMagick in windows.  The symptom is when
checksetup.pl is run, it terminates with:

&Image::Magick::constant not defined. The required ImageMagick libraries are
not installed or not installed properly.
END failed--call queue aborted.

I've actually loaded the ImageMagick Software (and the Visual C++
Redistributable Package)

I think the problem is that I have to add the location of the ImageMagick
binaries into the perl @INC, but I'm clueless on how to do this in Windows.

Any tips?

Jack D. Pond
"In shallow waters, shrimps make fools of dragons." -- Chinese Proverb

  _____

Other information:

Download the VC++ Redistributable Package:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=a5c84275-3b97-4ab7
-a40d-3802b2af5fc2
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=a5c84275-3b97-4ab
7-a40d-3802b2af5fc2&displayLang=en> &displayLang=en
Download the ImageMagic software:
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows

Use CPAN to install current version of PerlMagick
C:\Program Files\Bugzilla_stable>ppm install PerlMagick --force
Downloading landfill.bugzilla.org packlist...not found
Downloading cyberelk.net packlist...redirect
Downloading cyberelk.net packlist...done
Downloading PerlMagick-6.5.7...done
Unpacking PerlMagick-6.5.7...done
Generating HTML for PerlMagick-6.5.7...done
Updating files in site area...done
 147 files installed

Re: Unable to install PerlMagick on Windows

Srinivas B.
Not too sure fixing @INC will fix the problem for you. But you can try
setting up @INC at the top of checksetup.pl with:

unshift @INC, 'c:/path/to/image/magick';

Can you do the following from a command line?

C:\> perl -e "use Image::Magick"

-Srinivas

--
-Srinivas B.

RE: Unable to install PerlMagick on Windows

jdpond
Thanks Srinivas - that got me to the next step (the Use Image::Magick).
However, this now causes a recursion error - resultant from the manually
loaded version compiled for ActivePerl 5.10 (I'm on 5.8.8).

Since there's a known problem that I already discovered when I tried to move
to 5.10 (CGI.pm which will cause an error on attachments with Bugzilla, see
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2008/01/msg133688.html)
 and I can't find the binaries or source for 5.8.8, I'm just going to bail
on getting it running on Windows.

I'm planning on migrating to *nix soon, so it's just not worth the effort to
getting ImageMagick up and running on Windows - as I can see from the
various forums, it's a common problem.

Jack

Frédéric Buclin
Le 03. 11. 09 04:06, Jack D. Pond a écrit :
> I'm planning on migrating to *nix soon, so it's just not worth the effort to
> getting ImageMagick up and running on Windows - as I can see from the
> various forums, it's a common problem.

You don't need Image::Magick unless you want the BMP -> PNG conversion
tool for attachments. This tool has been removed from the core code of
Bugzilla 3.6. So you shouldn't bother installing Image::Magick.

LpSolit