Unable to export key from key database (certutil: problem listing keys: Unrecognized Object Identifier)

Unable to export key from key database (certutil: problem listing keys: Unrecognized Object Identifier)

Hanno Böck-4
Hi,

Maybe I'm getting something completely wrong, but I seem to be unable
to extract a key from an nss database with certutil.

Testcase:
1. I create an nss database:
mkdir db
certutil -N -d db

2. I create a root cert + key:
certutil -d db -S -n "rootca" -t "C" -s "cn=rootca" -x

3. I want to get that key out of the database:
certutil -K -d db  -n "rootca"

What I get is this error:
certutil: problem listing keys: Unrecognized Object Identifier.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug in certutil? (or nss
itself?)

(without the -n parameter, I can list the key, but I see no way to
extract it)

--
Hanno Böck mail/jabber: [hidden email]
GPG: BBB51E42 http://www.hboeck.de/