USB key flash drive with Firefox, Thunderbird

USB key flash drive with Firefox, Thunderbird

markgcrandall
There's a USB flash drive key product that allows you to surf
anonymously from any Win XP computer with a USB port. The key contains
Firefox and Thunderbird, and a few other things. Costs $100 and up.

(See here: http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/stealthsurfer_ii )

How tough would it be to build one of these yourself? If you launch
Firefox from a USB drive, are all temp files automatically stored on
that USB drive, or must Firefox be configured specially to do this?

Re: USB key flash drive with Firefox, Thunderbird

markgcrandall
I think such a configuration is distinct from building a bootable USB
drive. The drive I'm talking about would be plugged into the USB port
of a system which had already booted and was currently running XP.

In that case, would Firefox need to be configured specially to write /
store its temp file back to the flash drive?

Re: USB key flash drive with Firefox, Thunderbird

Matt Nordhoff

<URL:http://johnhaller.com/jh/development/portable_apps/>

--
Replace the point in my email address with a period to reply. ;-)

Re: USB key flash drive with Firefox, Thunderbird

markgcrandall
Hey thanks! Great site!