Twitter Tears Down "No Blind People Allowed" Sign in Style

Twitter Tears Down "No Blind People Allowed" Sign in Style

Adrian Higginbotham
news of another site going for Recaptcha
and this time it works for me.
I much prefer this solution to that used by microsoft and a similar
(possibly the same but I doubt it(  solution used by Google as reCAPTCHA
at least don't use scrambled numbers as the background.
They do also tell you how many figures to expect,
at first I thought that they used a female voice for the background and
a male for the forground noises which would be nice but have tried it a
few times and this seems inconsistent which is a shame.
although there is no means to replay the wav which again is a shame as a
couple of times I seemed to be a character short.
and the speed of the voice reading the characters is varied too
sometimes making it difficult to hear some figures I wonder if this is
really necessary and if if the range of speed variation could be drawn
in a bit.

on balance reCAPCHA is the better of the solutions I've come across to
date but still only a 6 out of ten as its a rehash of a visual approach,
not a none visual solution.

Adrian Higginbotham

Accessibility content manager

British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994.

Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ