Tutorial : How to manage user settings

Adrien MOGENET
Good afternoon !
[I'm not sure it's the correct group... I hope ;-)]

I would like to announce that I published an on-line tutorial about the
management of user preferences in XUL applications, using the
nsIPrefService component.

This article is in English, in French, and there are several tarballs
with examples, downloadable tutorials....

-settings

Is there any way to promote our own article / tutorial if there are
correct and quite good ?

Bye !

--
  Adrien MOGENET,
French student who looks for a summer job in development abroad.

Re: Tutorial : How to manage user settings

fantasai
Adrien MOGENET wrote:

> Good afternoon !
> [I'm not sure it's the correct group... I hope ;-)]
>
> I would like to announce that I published an on-line tutorial about the
> management of user preferences in XUL applications, using the
> nsIPrefService component.
>
> This article is in English, in French, and there are several tarballs
> with examples, downloadable tutorials....

> -settings
>
> Is there any way to promote our own article / tutorial if there are
> correct and quite good ?

You could link it from an appropriate place in the wiki:
   http://developer.mozilla.org/

~fantasai

Re: Tutorial : How to manage user settings

Ray Kiddy-2
fantasai wrote:

> Adrien MOGENET wrote:
>> Good afternoon !
>> [I'm not sure it's the correct group... I hope ;-)]
>>
>> I would like to announce that I published an on-line tutorial about
>> the management of user preferences in XUL applications, using the
>> nsIPrefService component.
>>
>> This article is in English, in French, and there are several tarballs
>> with examples, downloadable tutorials....

>> -settings
>>
>> Is there any way to promote our own article / tutorial if there are
>> correct and quite good ?
>
> You could link it from an appropriate place in the wiki:
>   http://developer.mozilla.org/
>
> ~fantasai

Adrien -

Is there a reason that you want to publish this on your own page on your
own server and not integrate the content which you are adding into the
pages that are, right now, on the devmo site?

Not that there is any reason for you not to write and post it wherever
you want. But if the reason for your writing the information down is to
help developers, one can do that by adding the information to a devmo
page so that it is easily findable.

Just curious if you are publishing this in this way for a reason.

thanx - ray

Re: Tutorial : How to manage user settings

Adrien MOGENET-2
On Feb 26, 5:13 am, Ray Kiddy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> fantasai wrote:
> > Adrien MOGENET wrote:
> >> Good afternoon !
> >> [I'm not sure it's the correct group... I hope ;-)]
>
> >> I would like to announce that I published an on-line tutorial about
> >> the management of user preferences in XUL applications, using the
> >> nsIPrefService component.
>
> >> This article is in English, in French, and there are several tarballs
> >> with examples, downloadable tutorials....

> >> -settings
>
> >> Is there any way to promote our own article / tutorial if there are
> >> correct and quite good ?
>
> > You could link it from an appropriate place in the wiki:
> >  http://developer.mozilla.org/
>
> > ~fantasai
>
> Adrien -
>
> Is there a reason that you want to publish this on your own page on your
> own server and not integrate the content which you are adding into the
> pages that are, right now, on the devmo site?
>
> Not that there is any reason for you not to write and post it wherever
> you want. But if the reason for your writing the information down is to
> help developers, one can do that by adding the information to a devmo
> page so that it is easily findable.
>
> Just curious if you are publishing this in this way for a reason.
>
> thanx - ray

Hi Ray !
There is no particular reason :-) I was just curious to know if the
content of my - first - tutorial is really interesting, and
sufficiently well written ...
If I can and if it's a pretty good tutorial, I'm naturally OK to
publish it on Devmo,  there is absolutely no problem about that !

Regards,

PS : I will write a new tutorial about bookmarks management with the
new "Place" interface !

--
Adrien MOGENET
http://adrien.frenchcomp.net