Turn off Default Required Fields?

brittany.m.pearsall
I'd like to remove the OS and Platform fields from the bug creation process. I've edited the template to remove those fields from view, and I've gone into the fielddefs table and changed 'is_mandatory' to 1 for 'op_sys' and 'rep_platform'. I've also set 'obsolete' to 1, just for good measure. However, when attempting to create a bug, I'm still getting the 'You must select/enter an OS' error, which make me think that there's some hardcoded form validation somewhere looking for a value there. Is this true, and if so where can I find it to edit it out? If not, how can I tell the system to stop looking for an OS?

________________________________

RE: Turn off Default Required Fields?

Tosh, Michael J
brittany wrote:

> I'd like to remove the OS and Platform fields from the bug creation process.
> I've edited the template to remove those fields from view, and I've gone into
> the fielddefs table and changed 'is_mandatory' to 1 for 'op_sys' and
> 'rep_platform'. I've also set 'obsolete' to 1, just for good measure.
> However, when attempting to create a bug, I'm still getting the 'You must
> select/enter an OS' error, which make me think that there's some hardcoded
> form validation somewhere looking for a value there. Is this true, and if so
> where can I find it to edit it out? If not, how can I tell the system to stop
> looking for an
> OS?

Are your defaults for those fields set in Parameters::Bug Fields?  If you don't set valid defaults, then it will prompt the user for them.
/editparams.cgi?section=bugfields#defaultopsys_desc

Re: Turn off Default Required Fields?

kesia.koorts
On Monday, 28 March 2011 21:13:17 UTC+2, Tosh, Michael J  wrote:

> brittany wrote:
> > I'd like to remove the OS and Platform fields from the bug creation process.
> > I've edited the template to remove those fields from view, and I've gone into
> > the fielddefs table and changed 'is_mandatory' to 1 for 'op_sys' and
> > 'rep_platform'. I've also set 'obsolete' to 1, just for good measure.
> > However, when attempting to create a bug, I'm still getting the 'You must
> > select/enter an OS' error, which make me think that there's some hardcoded
> > form validation somewhere looking for a value there. Is this true, and if so
> > where can I find it to edit it out? If not, how can I tell the system to stop
> > looking for an
> > OS?
>

> Are your defaults for those fields set in Parameters::Bug Fields?  If you don't set valid defaults, then it will prompt the user for them.
> /editparams.cgi?section=bugfields#defaultopsys_desc

Thanks! This has worked for me!
I have edited the following two documents and created them in custom folder under Templates:

create-guided.html.tmpl
edit.html.tmpl

Then as you suggested allocated default values to them under the Parameters> Bug Fields