Trouble

John Stubeda
I'm having trouble receiving emails but can send emails.

The messages when I try to receive emails;

Unable to write the email to the mailbox.

Any suggestions?

js

Re: Trouble

gwtc-5
John Stubeda wrote:
> I'm having trouble receiving emails but can send emails.
>
> The messages when I try to receive emails;
>
> Unable to write the email to the mailbox.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> js
First, update your version of TB.  Version 1.0.2 is very old.  The
current one is 1.5.0.4 and it has many bug and security fixes.

Second, there is a newsgroup just for TB = mozilla.support.thunderbird

Third, now your problem, close TB, and using your file manager, locate
the mail section within the TB profile and delete all *.msf files.
Restart TB.  Does this solve your problem?

To find your profile you can read this:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

--
Before and After Children

BEFORE Children: I was thankful for the Moosewood Vegetarian cookbook.

AFTER Children: I am thankful for the butterball turkey hotline.

Re: Trouble

John Stubeda
Thanks for getting back to me. As you can see I have never updated
Mozilla. I don't know how to do this, can you help?

John Stubeda wrote:

> Thanks for getting back to me. As you can see I have never updated
> Mozilla. I don't know how to do this, can you help?

First, please put your reply at the bottom of the rest of the text, as
I'm doing.  Thanks

Second, you can get an update from here:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/1.5.0.4/.
Just save the version you want to your hard drive, then double click
on it and install it.  Don't worry about all your email, settings,
passwords, etc.  All these are stored in an area called the profile.
When you uninstall, all you're doing is removing the program.  Your
profile is not touched.

--
Murphy's Laws of Computing: When you get to the point where you really
understand your computer, it's probably obsolete.