Tree Style Tabs Reborn

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tree Style Tabs Reborn

WaltS48-8
For those that are into that sort of thing.

https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/12/webextension-tree-style-tab/

--
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote <http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tree Style Tabs Reborn

The Real Bev
On 12/06/2017 10:37 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> For those that are into that sort of thing.
>
> https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/12/webextension-tree-style-tab/

That was the second extension I installed (the first, of course, was
adblock).  Without vertical tabs I would find a browser unusable.  The
webextension version is less attractive and less capable than the 'real'
version, but perhaps that has to do with now it works with tabmixplus
(another essential, sadly missing as a webextension).  The guy provides
some .css snippets to do various things, but some of them don't work --
as usual, the ones that *I* want.

It will probably improve.  The guy sounds sharp -- I'll read the whole
article later.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "Let them eat shit."
           -- Marcel Antoinette, Marie's little-known brother
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tree Style Tabs Reborn

Poutnik-2
Dne 07/12/2017 v 00:52 The Real Bev napsal(a):
>
> ...Without vertical tabs I would find a browser unusable.

Or without multirow tabs of TAB MIX PLUS.

A workaround is to use multiple browser windows,
separated e.g. thematically, as FF is a multiwindow app.

--
Poutnik


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tree Style Tabs Reborn

The Real Bev
On 12/06/2017 11:53 PM, Poutnik wrote:
> Dne 07/12/2017 v 00:52 The Real Bev napsal(a):
>>
>> ...Without vertical tabs I would find a browser unusable.
>
> Or without multirow tabs of TAB MIX PLUS.
>
> A workaround is to use multiple browser windows,
> separated e.g. thematically, as FF is a multiwindow app.

Yes, but 30 or 40 separate windows would be very confusing :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already
earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by
mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
                                     -- Albert Einstein
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tree Style Tabs Reborn

Poutnik-2
Dne 07/12/2017 v 21:56 The Real Bev napsal(a):

> On 12/06/2017 11:53 PM, Poutnik wrote:
>> Dne 07/12/2017 v 00:52 The Real Bev napsal(a):
>>>
>>> ...Without vertical tabs I would find a browser unusable.
>>
>> Or without multirow tabs of TAB MIX PLUS.
>>
>> A workaround is to use multiple browser windows,
>> separated e.g. thematically, as FF is a multiwindow app.
>
> Yes, but 30 or 40 separate windows would be very confusing :-(

Only if you had hundreds of open tabs.
I have not said to have a separate window for each tab.
I have seldom more then 2 windows.

--
Poutnik


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tree Style Tabs Reborn

The Real Bev
On 12/07/2017 01:30 PM, Poutnik wrote:

> Dne 07/12/2017 v 21:56 The Real Bev napsal(a):
>> On 12/06/2017 11:53 PM, Poutnik wrote:
>>> Dne 07/12/2017 v 00:52 The Real Bev napsal(a):
>>>>
>>>> ...Without vertical tabs I would find a browser unusable.
>>>
>>> Or without multirow tabs of TAB MIX PLUS.
>>>
>>> A workaround is to use multiple browser windows,
>>> separated e.g. thematically, as FF is a multiwindow app.
>>
>> Yes, but 30 or 40 separate windows would be very confusing :-(
>
> Only if you had hundreds of open tabs.
> I have not said to have a separate window for each tab.
> I have seldom more then 2 windows.

I don't understand how people can read lists horizontally.


--
Cheers, Bev
  " While in high school, we were encouraged to keep a daily journal.
   I never liked it, especially when early on I realized that anybody
   could find it and read it.  Fortunately, the jury never saw it."
                                   --  Anonymous, for obvious reasons
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tree Style Tabs Reborn

Poutnik-2
Dne 08/12/2017 v 02:25 The Real Bev napsal(a):

> On 12/07/2017 01:30 PM, Poutnik wrote:
>> Dne 07/12/2017 v 21:56 The Real Bev napsal(a):
>>> On 12/06/2017 11:53 PM, Poutnik wrote:
>>>> Dne 07/12/2017 v 00:52 The Real Bev napsal(a):
>>>>>
>>>>> ...Without vertical tabs I would find a browser unusable.
>>>>
>>>> Or without multirow tabs of TAB MIX PLUS.
>>>>
>>>> A workaround is to use multiple browser windows,
>>>> separated e.g. thematically, as FF is a multiwindow app.
>>>
>>> Yes, but 30 or 40 separate windows would be very confusing :-(
>>
>> Only if you had hundreds of open tabs.
>> I have not said to have a separate window for each tab.
>> I have seldom more then 2 windows.
>
> I don't understand how people can read lists horizontally.
>
I may not understand what you mean.
Note that I use a vertical Windows taskbar.


--
Poutnik


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tree Style Tabs Reborn

The Real Bev
On 12/07/2017 10:15 PM, Poutnik wrote:

> Dne 08/12/2017 v 02:25 The Real Bev napsal(a):
>> On 12/07/2017 01:30 PM, Poutnik wrote:
>>> Dne 07/12/2017 v 21:56 The Real Bev napsal(a):
>>>> On 12/06/2017 11:53 PM, Poutnik wrote:
>>>>> Dne 07/12/2017 v 00:52 The Real Bev napsal(a):
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ...Without vertical tabs I would find a browser unusable.
>>>>>
>>>>> Or without multirow tabs of TAB MIX PLUS.
>>>>>
>>>>> A workaround is to use multiple browser windows,
>>>>> separated e.g. thematically, as FF is a multiwindow app.
>>>>
>>>> Yes, but 30 or 40 separate windows would be very confusing :-(
>>>
>>> Only if you had hundreds of open tabs.
>>> I have not said to have a separate window for each tab.
>>> I have seldom more then 2 windows.
>>
>> I don't understand how people can read lists horizontally.
>>
> I may not understand what you mean.
> Note that I use a vertical Windows taskbar.

<tab1> <tab2> <tab3> <seriously sucky> etc as opposed to

<tab1>
<tab2>
<tab3>
<ever so nice>

It's expecially nasty when you have so may that they're truncated into
unintelligibility.  It's just HARD to scan discrete items horizontally,
which is not at all like REAL reading.

--
Cheers, Bev
    "I love to go down to the schoolyard  and watch all the
     little children jump up and down and run around yelling and
     screaming...They don't know I'm only using blanks."   --Emo

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general