Tree Closing Window (TCW): July 18

Chris Cooper-4
Hey all,

We will be having a TCW on Saturday, July 18. The trees will close at
1400 UTC and will be down for approximately 12 hours.

The only work that is currently planned is Phase 2 of the Taskcluster
database migration. Phase 1 was completely successfully back in
April[1].

Taskcluster for firefox-ci will be unavailable for the duration, but
the community Taskcluster will still be available.The community
cluster may experience a short downtime on July 10 when we migrate its
database. Because the community database is so much smaller than the
firefox-ci database, the impact will be minimal.

We'll send out a reminder closer to the date with any updates.

As a reminder: TCW's are called as needed, and are held on the second
Saturday after a release [2], although release management is being
benevolent in allowing us to push it out by a week this cycle. The
next potential TCW is August 8th.

cheers,
--
coop

1. https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.com/g/firefox-ci/c/tdTfWw_CxKk/m/nmM7t90lBQAJ
2. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/Calendar

Re: Tree Closing Window (TCW): July 18

Chris Cooper-4
Just a reminder that this TCW is happening *tomorrow*, July 18.

Trees will be closed for 12 hours for Taskcluster database updates
starting at 1400 UTC.

As always, if we can open the trees early, we will.

cheers,
--
coop

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 3:37 PM Chris Cooper <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> We will be having a TCW on Saturday, July 18. The trees will close at
> 1400 UTC and will be down for approximately 12 hours.
>
> The only work that is currently planned is Phase 2 of the Taskcluster
> database migration. Phase 1 was completely successfully back in
> April[1].
>
> Taskcluster for firefox-ci will be unavailable for the duration, but
> the community Taskcluster will still be available.The community
> cluster may experience a short downtime on July 10 when we migrate its
> database. Because the community database is so much smaller than the
> firefox-ci database, the impact will be minimal.
>
> We'll send out a reminder closer to the date with any updates.
>
> As a reminder: TCW's are called as needed, and are held on the second
> Saturday after a release [2], although release management is being
> benevolent in allowing us to push it out by a week this cycle. The
> next potential TCW is August 8th.
>
> cheers,
> --
> coop
>
> 1. https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.com/g/firefox-ci/c/tdTfWw_CxKk/m/nmM7t90lBQAJ
> 2. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/Calendar

Re: Tree Closing Window (TCW): July 18

Chris Cooper-4
Trees are open again. Firefox-CI (treeherder, taskcluster, etc) should
be in a normal, usable state. Please let us know if that is not the
case.

We were partially successful, but canceled the final db upgrade
because it was taking 3x as long as was planned and would have
resulted in the trees still being closed. There is another TCW in 3
weeks where we hope to try again, provided we understand the upgrade
performance better.

Thanks for your patience.

cheers,
--