Trash mail file 15 MB but no mails visible in trash in Thunderbird

Trash mail file 15 MB but no mails visible in trash in Thunderbird

Jan Vlug-3
The Trash file in the "Local Folders" directory has a size of 15 MB at
my system. However, no mails are shown in the trash folder in
Thunderbird. Is this normal, what is the problem?
I did already delete the Trash.msf file, but this did not cure the problem.

Re: Trash mail file 15 MB but no mails visible in trash in Thunderbird

Riccardo Cretti
jv wrote:
> The Trash file in the "Local Folders" directory has a size of 15 MB at
> my system. However, no mails are shown in the trash folder in
> Thunderbird. Is this normal, what is the problem?
> I did already delete the Trash.msf file, but this did not cure the problem.

You should compact the trash folder and the size occupied should be
released then.

--
*Riccardo Cretti* - ICQ 15927849
Get Firefox!

Riccardo Cretti wrote:

> jv wrote:
>> The Trash file in the "Local Folders" directory has a size of 15 MB at
>> my system. However, no mails are shown in the trash folder in
>> Thunderbird. Is this normal, what is the problem?
>> I did already delete the Trash.msf file, but this did not cure the
>> problem.
>
> You should compact the trash folder and the size occupied should be
> released then.

That did do the trick. Thanks.

Re: Trash mail file 15 MB but no mails visible in trash in Thunderbird

Ron Hunter
jv wrote:

> Riccardo Cretti wrote:
>> jv wrote:
>>> The Trash file in the "Local Folders" directory has a size of 15 MB at
>>> my system. However, no mails are shown in the trash folder in
>>> Thunderbird. Is this normal, what is the problem?
>>> I did already delete the Trash.msf file, but this did not cure the
>>> problem.
>> You should compact the trash folder and the size occupied should be
>> released then.
>>
> That did do the trick. Thanks.
Now go back and compact the Inbox file(s).  If trash was that big, it is
likely the others could benefit from compaction as well.
You might also want to change the 'view' options to all for the trash
folder so you can see how big it is getting in the future.

--
Ron Hunter  [hidden email]