Translator for Malayalam Thunderbird

Rajith Ravi

Hi all,
              I am Rajith, a member of thunderbird localization project(malayalam). Can any one tell a translator tool for translating the strings(mozilla translator dont support malayalam).

Waiting for a reply.

Regards,

Rajith

Re: Translator for Malayalam Thunderbird

AP Singh Alam

Hi Rajith,

you can use alternative method to translate Mozilla
files.

Change Extenstion of en-US.jar file to en-US.zip (as
jar is zip file) and Unzip the en-US.zip file.
 (en-US.jar -> en-US.zip)

Now you can Open .dtd and .properties files with
any Editor
(in Linux gedit/kate/kedit, Windows, you can use
Notepad/Wordpad).

Translate English String to Malayalam. Save the files
and Package Jar file again (Change the name)
(en-US.zip-> en-US.jar)
now you can able to check application in Malayalam.

that I did for Punjabi:)

thanks
AP Singh
--- Rajith Ravi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>               I am Rajith, a member of thunderbird
> localization project(malayalam). Can any one tell a
> translator tool for translating the strings(mozilla
> translator dont support malayalam).
>
> Waiting for a reply.
>

> Regards,
>
> Rajith

Re: Translator for Malayalam Thunderbird

Tsahi Asher
many zip utilities will recognize jar files and handle them without
renaming them to .zip. i use IZArc. even winzip will open .jar files
without renaming them.

i don't think using Wordpad is a good idea. i don't think it uses
plain-text to save documents, but some binary format, so if you'll use
it it will mess things up.

there are a number of tools to translate mozilla products, such as
converting the langugage files to .po files and working with tools that
work with this format, or use a web tool someone developed once.

tsahi
ציטוט AP Singh Alam:

--
Tsahi Asher