Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Brian King-2
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.

Irish (ga-IE)

Faigh an leagan is déanaí! Tá Firefox 1.5 eisithe. <a>Tuilleadh eolais</a>

--
Brian King
www.mozdev.org - free project hosting for the Mozilla community

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Damjan Georgievski
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.

mk:
Преземете ја најновата верзија! Објавен е Firefox 1.5. <a>Дознај повеќе</a>.

--
damjan

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

dynamis
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:54:31 +0100
Axel Hecht <[hidden email]> wrote

> could you please translate the following in follow ups to this post?
>
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.
>
> We want to use this for kicking off the updates of 1.0.x users.

Literal translation into Japanese (both for ja/ja-JP-mac) is:
---start---
最新バージョンを入手してください。Firefox 1.5 がリリースされました。<a>詳細</a>
----end----
But IMHO, it's better to use link text indicating contrete target, not
from 'Learn more'.
# need more information about link target for the best translation
So, select Japanese from the following according to the link target.

If the link target is the page which includes download link (like
mozilla.org home or firefox product page), link text should be 'the
newest version':
---start---
Firefox 1.5 がリリースされました。<a>最新バージョン</a>をダウンロードしてください。
----end----
Literal translation from this Japanese to English is:
"Firefox 1.5 has been released. Download <a>the newest version</a>."

Else if the target is directly to the file, link text should be
'download' or 'upgrade':
---start---
Firefox 1.5 がリリースされました。最新バージョンを<a>ダウンロード</a>してください。
----end----
Literal translation from this Japanese to English is:
"Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Download</a> the newest version."

Else if the target is the page which doen't include download link, for
example release note:
---start---
Firefox 1.5 がリリースされました。<a>リリースノート</a>をご覧になり、最新バージョンにアップグレードしてください。
----end----
Literal translation from this Japanese to English is:
"Firefox 1.5 has been released. See <a>release note</a> and upgrade to
the newest version."

Else if some special page for the link will be made, please ask me again
to check the content and prepare text for the page.

Else, use this:
---start---
Firefox 1.5 がリリースされました。<a>最新バージョンを入手</a>してください。
----end----
Literal translation from this Japanese to English is:
"Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Get the newest version</a>."

Thanks.

 - dynamis (Manager, L10N Center)

Mozilla Japan     : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/
  L10N Center     : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/jp/l10n/
  Translation Div : http://www.mozilla-japan.org/jp/td/

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Alexander L. Slovesnik
Hi Axel Hecht
  15.12.2005 3:54 you wrote:

> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.

Russian (ru):

Скачайте последнюю версию! Вышел Firefox 1.5. <a>Подробно</a>.

--
Sincerely yours,
 Alexander L. Slovesnik a.k.a. Unghost

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Ibon Igartua

Axel Hecht wrote:
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.

in Basque (eu):
Lortu azken bertsioa! Firefox 1.5 kalean dago. <a>Argibide gehiago</a>.

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Jeferson Hultmann
> could you please translate the following in follow ups to this post?
>
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.

[pt-BR]

Tenha a mais nova versão! Está disponível o Firefox 1.5. <a>Saiba
mais</a>.

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

cathayan
Chinese-Simplified(zh-CN):

获取最新版!Firefox 1.5
已经正式发布。<a>了解更多</a>。
���V��I�j)b� b�٨�)ej]t�j3�YZ��!���f��j3�YZ��?�+-�w��j3�YZ�]'

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Kostas Papadimas-2
O/H Axel Hecht έγραψε:

> Hi,
>
> could you please translate the following in follow ups to this post?
>
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.
>
> We want to use this for kicking off the updates of 1.0.x users.
>
> Thank you
>
> Axel

Greek (el):

Εγκαταστήστε την νεότερη έκδοση! Ο Firefox 1.5 είναι διαθέσιμος.
<a>Διαβάστε περισσότερα</a>.

Kostas

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Hugues Fournier
Axel Hecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could you please translate the following in follow ups to this post?
>
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.

French (fr):

Téléchargez la dernière version! Firefox 1.5 est sorti. <a>Plus
d'informations</a>

Hugues

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Marcelo Poli
es-AR, may work for es-ES.

¡Obtenga la nueva versión! Firefox 1.5 ha sido lanzado. <a>Conozca más</a>.

> could you please translate the following in follow ups to this post?
>
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.
>
> We want to use this for kicking off the updates of 1.0.x users.
>
> Thank you
>
> Axel

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez
Marcelo Poli escribió:
> es-AR, may work for es-ES.
>
> ¡Obtenga la nueva versión! Firefox 1.5 ha sido lanzado. <a>Conozca más</a>.

Another way:

¡Descargue la nueva versión! Firefox 1.5 ya está disponible. <a>Más
información</a>

I'm pretty sure both versions will be understood without a problem by
spanish-speakers. IMHO, "my" version sounds a little bit more natural
to spaniards, but Marcelo may just think the opposite for argentinian
people. :-)

Regards.

--
If it's true that we are here to help others,
then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Marcelo Poli

> I'm pretty sure both versions will be understood without a problem by
> spanish-speakers. IMHO, "my" version sounds a little bit more natural
> to spaniards, but Marcelo may just think the opposite for argentinian
> people. :-)

That's why there are two "es" localizations.

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Dody Suria Wijaya
[hidden email] wrote:
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.

Indonesian [id]:

Dapatkan versi terbaru! Firefox 1.5 telah diluncurkan. <a>Baca
lengkapnya</a>.

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Besnik Bleta-2
sq-SQ:

Merrni versionin më të ri! Doli Firefox 1.5. <a>Mësoni më tepër</a>

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Rafael Ebron
Thanks everybody for the translations.

Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a href=" ">Learn more</a>.

I'm still missing:
  • da
  • de
  • he
  • ko
  • zh-tw
This text will be used on the start page for Firefox 1.0-1.0.x users so we can get them on Firefox 1.5.

-Rafael

--
Signature File Rafael Ebron
Mozilla Corporation

Get the Firefox browser and the Thunderbird email client today for a faster, safer web experience!

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Sabine Cretella
Hi Rafael,

I already sent it some days ago .... I just saw that the mail was
returned onyl to the person who asked for translation.

So here is DE:

Holen Sie sich die neueste Version! Firefox 1.5 ist da!  <a href="
">Weitere Informationen</a>.

or for younger users (colloquial form)

Hol Dir die neueste Version! Firefox 1.5 ist da! <a href=" ">Weitere
Informationen</a>.

Weitere Informationen could be also abbreviated with "Weitere Info" or
just "Informationen" / "Info"

If you ned help in getting the below language versions, please let ne
know - I can post a non-profit-job.

Best, Sabine

Rafael Ebron wrote:

> Thanks everybody for the translations.
>
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a href="
> ">Learn more</a>.
>
> I'm still missing:
>
>     * da
>     * de
>     * he
>     * ko
>     * zh-tw
>
> This text will be used on the start page for Firefox 1.0-1.0.x users
> so we can get them on Firefox 1.5.
>
> -Rafael
>
> --
> Rafael Ebron
> Mozilla Corporation <http://www.mozilla.com>
> cell phone: (510) 220-6800
> email policy/legal statement <http://rebron.org/toolbox/email.html>
> <http://rebron.org/toolbox/email.html>
> Get the Firefox browser <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/> and
> the Thunderbird email client
> <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/> today for a faster,
> safer web experience!

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Wim-7
Axel,

> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.

In Frisian fy-NL:

Laad de nijste ferzje yn! Firefox 1.5 is beskikber. <a>Mear ynformaasje</a>

Kind regards,
Wim

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Nuno J. Silva
A 15-12-2005 00:54, Axel Hecht escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> could you please translate the following in follow ups to this post?
>
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.
>
> We want to use this for kicking off the updates of 1.0.x users.
>
> Thank you
>
> Axel

In pt-PT (portuguese-Portugal):

Obtenha a versão mais recente! O Firefox 1.5 acabou de ser lançado.
<a>Saiba mais</a>.

--
Nuno Silva (aka NJSG)
Lisbon, Portugal

A: Top-posting.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing in the Internet?

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Jose Sun
"Axel Hecht" <[hidden email]> says: dnqesa$[hidden email]...

> Hi,
>
> could you please translate the following in follow ups to this post?
>
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.
>
> We want to use this for kicking off the updates of 1.0.x users.
>
> Thank you
>
> Axel

In zh-TW:
¤U¸ü·sª©¥»¡IFirefox 1.5 ²{¤wµo§G¡C¨ú±o<a>¸Ô²Ó¸ê°T¡C</a>

Thanks

Mozilla Taiwan / Jose Sun

Re: Translation request for upcoming startpages change

Jose Sun
"Axel Hecht" <[hidden email]> says:dnqesa$[hidden email]...

> Hi,
>
> could you please translate the following in follow ups to this post?
>
> Get the newest version! Firefox 1.5 has been released. <a>Learn more</a>.
>
> We want to use this for kicking off the updates of 1.0.x users.
>
> Thank you
>
> Axel

Hi,
I set wrong encoding...> <"