Translation into Danish

Jonas Andersen-2
Good day to you all.

I'm about to translate Bugzilla into Danish. And so, as advised by the
Localizers Guide, I'm making myself known in the newsgroup.

To be fair, I'm not that much of a technical monk, so I might come
across some difficulties when working with the translation. In such
case, is there anybody here to hold my hand?

Jonas
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: Translation into Danish

Jonas Andersen-2
On 2010-08-10 12:33, Jonas Andersen wrote:

> Good day to you all.
>
> I'm about to translate Bugzilla into Danish. And so, as advised by the
> Localizers Guide, I'm making myself known in the newsgroup.
>
> To be fair, I'm not that much of a technical monk, so I might come
> across some difficulties when working with the translation. In such
> case, is there anybody here to hold my hand?
>
> Jonas

Oh, and just to make sure.. It's only the .tmpl files I should
translate, eh?
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: Translation into Danish

Frédéric Buclin
Le 10. 08. 10 12:57, Jonas Andersen a écrit :
>> I'm about to translate Bugzilla into Danish. And so, as advised by the
>> Localizers Guide, I'm making myself known in the newsgroup.

Welcome Jonas,

Happy to see new localizers. :)

>> To be fair, I'm not that much of a technical monk, so I might come
>> across some difficulties when working with the translation. In such
>> case, is there anybody here to hold my hand?

I would be happy to help you, and I guess Cédric too. Cédric is the
maintainer of french templates. There are some other developers who
maintain other l10n templates which can probably give a hand too (Marc
and himorin come to mind).

> Oh, and just to make sure.. It's only the .tmpl files I should
> translate, eh?

Yes, that's correct. You will have to be careful, though, because code
and strings are mixed together in templates, so it's not always obvious
to know what needs to be translated and what shouldn't. Feel free to ask.

LpSolit
-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: Translation into Danish

Jonas Andersen-2
Great. Thanks.

I think I'm getting the hang of it. I've done some perl and python a
long time ago. So hopefully I'll steer clear of translating any
code-strings.

And it's nice to soon wear the famous localizer title ;)

-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: Translation into Danish

Jonas Andersen-2
Hello again.

I've come across the German localization, which is a recommended example
of how to make a localization. In the German example, it turns out,
there are no CVS-folders. Should I remove these from my localization as
well?

-
To view or change your list settings, click here:
<http://bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=lists@...>

Re: Translation into Danish

Marc Schumann
Jonas,

2010/8/16 Jonas Andersen <[hidden email]>:
> I've come across the German localization, which is a recommended example of
> how to make a localization. In the German example, it turns out, there are
> no CVS-folders. Should I remove these from my localization as well?

the German localization uses Bazaar for version control, just like
Bugzilla itself does. So there are no CVS folders.
Feel free to use any version control system you like (although I'd
personally recommend Bazaar). If you use CVS, and if you have a
publicly visible repository, your users may find it comfortable to
update via CVS. So it might be a good idea to include the CVS folders.

I'd include Bazaar folders with the German localization, but it seems
I've damaged the repository at Sourceforge. So it doesn't make much
sense these days.

  Best regards
     Marc
-