Translate promotion message of about:home firefox page

Translate promotion message of about:home firefox page

Martin
Hello,

I have spotted a mistake in a translation of a promotion message[1] on
the about:home page on Firefox.

I wanted to fix it but was unable to find it on the pontoon project of
Firefox. There is a aboutHome.dtd resource but the message are not there.

Any hint where I can find it?

Thanks

[1] for instance the "Good friends share fries..." message,
https://framapic.org/vHCY9szWPDwe/2UPet6vsK8GL.png

Re: Translate promotion message of about:home firefox page

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Hi,
What's the language of your browser? Strings should be here, unless the
translation didn't happen via our systems
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/engagement/

Note that fixing the translation in Pontoon won't be enough, we still
need to file a bug since the process is manual.

Francesco

> Hello,
>
> I have spotted a mistake in a translation of a promotion message[1] on
> the about:home page on Firefox.
>
> I wanted to fix it but was unable to find it on the pontoon project of
> Firefox. There is a aboutHome.dtd resource but the message are not there.
>
> Any hint where I can find it?
>
> Thanks
>
> [1] for instance the "Good friends share fries..." message,
> https://framapic.org/vHCY9szWPDwe/2UPet6vsK8GL.png

Re: Translate promotion message of about:home firefox page

Martin
Hello,

My browser is in French.
I found the string on github an submitted the changes there
https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/www.mozilla.org/pull/158/files
but I could not find it on Pontoon.

Is it because it is an outdated string or I looked at the wrong place?

On 19/04/17 11:45, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] wrote:

> Hi,
> What's the language of your browser? Strings should be here, unless the
> translation didn't happen via our systems
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/engagement/
>
> Note that fixing the translation in Pontoon won't be enough, we still
> need to file a bug since the process is manual.
>
> Francesco
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have spotted a mistake in a translation of a promotion message[1] on
>> the about:home page on Firefox.
>>
>> I wanted to fix it but was unable to find it on the pontoon project of
>> Firefox. There is a aboutHome.dtd resource but the message are not there.
>>
>> Any hint where I can find it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> [1] for instance the "Good friends share fries..." message,
>> https://framapic.org/vHCY9szWPDwe/2UPet6vsK8GL.png

Re: Translate promotion message of about:home firefox page

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
That's mozilla.org translation, in particular the home page of
mozilla.org, it's unrelated to snippets.

It would really help to know which is the string and the error, since
the screenshot is in English.

Francesco

> Hello,
>
> My browser is in French.
> I found the string on github an submitted the changes there
> https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/www.mozilla.org/pull/158/files
> but I could not find it on Pontoon.
>
> Is it because it is an outdated string or I looked at the wrong place?
>
> On 19/04/17 11:45, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] wrote:
>> Hi,
>> What's the language of your browser? Strings should be here, unless the
>> translation didn't happen via our systems
>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/engagement/
>>
>> Note that fixing the translation in Pontoon won't be enough, we still
>> need to file a bug since the process is manual.
>>
>> Francesco
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have spotted a mistake in a translation of a promotion message[1] on
>>> the about:home page on Firefox.
>>>
>>> I wanted to fix it but was unable to find it on the pontoon project of
>>> Firefox. There is a aboutHome.dtd resource but the message are not there.
>>>
>>> Any hint where I can find it?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> [1] for instance the "Good friends share fries..." message,
>>> https://framapic.org/vHCY9szWPDwe/2UPet6vsK8GL.png

Re: Translate promotion message of about:home firefox page

Martin
Ok I checked again on the engagement project and was able to find it.

https://pontoon.mozilla.org/fr/engagement/all-resources/?search=without+limit&string=162167

I guess I limited my search to Firefox.

Thanks

On 19/04/17 13:24, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] wrote:

> That's mozilla.org translation, in particular the home page of
> mozilla.org, it's unrelated to snippets.
>
> It would really help to know which is the string and the error, since
> the screenshot is in English.
>
> Francesco
>> Hello,
>>
>> My browser is in French.
>> I found the string on github an submitted the changes there
>> https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/www.mozilla.org/pull/158/files
>> but I could not find it on Pontoon.
>>
>> Is it because it is an outdated string or I looked at the wrong place?
>>
>> On 19/04/17 11:45, Francesco Lodolo [:flod] wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> What's the language of your browser? Strings should be here, unless the
>>> translation didn't happen via our systems
>>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/engagement/
>>>
>>> Note that fixing the translation in Pontoon won't be enough, we still
>>> need to file a bug since the process is manual.
>>>
>>> Francesco

Re: Translate promotion message of about:home firefox page

Theo Chevalier-2
Hi Martin,

Thanks for keeping an eye on the French translations!
I’ve checked your suggestions, however the current translation is
correct. Here’s what Antidote says about it:

« En contexte négatif, limites est toujours pluriel, puisque, s’il y en
avait, il y aurait nécessairement plusieurs limites. On écrit toujours
sans limites. »

If you find French translation mistakes (it happens!), please use the
“File a bug” link here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Teams:fr or ping
us on IRC in #l10n-fr

Cheers,
Théo