Top sites for Android

Michal Stanke-2
Hi.

Today I have updated the SUMO article about Top sites in Fennec and
because I am always curious about external links, I checked the Alexa
top sites for Czech Republic. To my question - how many top sites are
displayed on various devices, e.g. on tablets? Because the site number
11 for CZ [1] is something what should not appear in Firefox.

[1] www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/CZ
--
Michal

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Top sites for Android

Michal Stanke-2
Hi.

May I ask anyone, who has an Android tablet to check, how many top site
tiles are visible in Firefox?

Cheers,

Michal

Dne 18.5.2016 v 09:35 Michal Stanke napsal(a):

> Hi.
>
> Today I have updated the SUMO article about Top sites in Fennec and
> because I am always curious about external links, I checked the Alexa
> top sites for Czech Republic. To my question - how many top sites are
> displayed on various devices, e.g. on tablets? Because the site number
> 11 for CZ [1] is something what should not appear in Firefox.
>
> [1] www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/CZ
> --
> Michal

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Top sites for Android

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
I have only 6 tiles on my tablet. As for the Alexa list, I'm pretty sure
it's only using US as source at the moment.

Francesco

> Hi.
>
> May I ask anyone, who has an Android tablet to check, how many top
> site tiles are visible in Firefox?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michal
>
> Dne 18.5.2016 v 09:35 Michal Stanke napsal(a):
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Today I have updated the SUMO article about Top sites in Fennec and
>> because I am always curious about external links, I checked the Alexa
>> top sites for Czech Republic. To my question - how many top sites are
>> displayed on various devices, e.g. on tablets? Because the site
>> number 11 for CZ [1] is something what should not appear in Firefox.
>>
>> [1] www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/CZ
>> --
>> Michal

Re: Top sites for Android

Michal Stanke-2
Thank you Francesco.

Hopefully there will be some filter once the list is customized per locale.

Cheers,

Michal

Dne 22.5.2016 v 13:13 Francesco Lodolo [:flod] napsal(a):

> I have only 6 tiles on my tablet. As for the Alexa list, I'm pretty
> sure it's only using US as source at the moment.
>
> Francesco
>> Hi.
>>
>> May I ask anyone, who has an Android tablet to check, how many top
>> site tiles are visible in Firefox?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Michal
>>
>> Dne 18.5.2016 v 09:35 Michal Stanke napsal(a):
>>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Today I have updated the SUMO article about Top sites in Fennec and
>>> because I am always curious about external links, I checked the
>>> Alexa top sites for Czech Republic. To my question - how many top
>>> sites are displayed on various devices, e.g. on tablets? Because the
>>> site number 11 for CZ [1] is something what should not appear in
>>> Firefox.
>>>
>>> [1] www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/CZ
>>> --
>>> Michal

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Top sites for Android

Jeff Beatty
I can confirm that they're only using Alexa top sites for en-US for now.
Delphine is working out how to localize that with the Fennec team.

Jeff

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 5:37 AM, Michal Stanke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you Francesco.
>
> Hopefully there will be some filter once the list is customized per locale.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michal
>
> Dne 22.5.2016 v 13:13 Francesco Lodolo [:flod] napsal(a):
>
> I have only 6 tiles on my tablet. As for the Alexa list, I'm pretty sure
>> it's only using US as source at the moment.
>>
>> Francesco
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> May I ask anyone, who has an Android tablet to check, how many top site
>>> tiles are visible in Firefox?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Michal

Jeff

Re: Top sites for Android

Stefan Arentz-5
Also, I am pretty sure we use a list from which 'adult' sites have been filtered out.
 S.

Get Outlook for iOS

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 5:37 AM, Michal Stanke  wrote:

> Thank you Francesco.
>
> Hopefully there will be some filter once the list is customized per locale.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michal
>
> Dne 22.5.2016 v 13:13 Francesco Lodolo [:flod] napsal(a):
>
> I have only 6 tiles on my tablet. As for the Alexa list, I'm pretty sure
>> it's only using US as source at the moment.
>>
>> Francesco
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> May I ask anyone, who has an Android tablet to check, how many top site
>>> tiles are visible in Firefox?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Michal

Jeff