Time for another linguistic thread. Why?

Time for another linguistic thread. Why?

Sailfish-4
REF:
http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/11/english-has-a-new-preposition-because-internet/281601/

[excerpt quote=\"
*English Has a New Preposition, Because Internet*

The word "because," in standard English usage, is a subordinating
conjunction, which means that it connects two parts of a sentence in
which one (the subordinate) explains the other. In that capacity,
"because" has two distinct forms. It can be followed either by a finite
clause (I'm reading this because [I saw it on the web]) or by a
prepositional phrase (I'm reading this because [of the web]). These two
forms are, traditionally, the only ones to which "because" lends itself.

I mention all that ... because language. Because evolution. Because
there is another way to use "because." Linguists are calling it the
"prepositional-because." Or the "because-noun."
\" /]

Because mozilla.general

--
Sailfish

Re: Time for another linguistic thread. Why?

RAV-2
On 11/20/2013 2:53 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> REF:
> http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/11/english-has-a-new-preposition-because-internet/281601/
>

> [excerpt quote=\"
> *English Has a New Preposition, Because Internet*
>
> The word "because," in standard English usage, is a subordinating
> conjunction, which means that it connects two parts of a sentence in
> which one (the subordinate) explains the other. In that capacity,
> "because" has two distinct forms. It can be followed either by a finite
> clause (I'm reading this because [I saw it on the web]) or by a
> prepositional phrase (I'm reading this because [of the web]). These two
> forms are, traditionally, the only ones to which "because" lends itself.
>
> I mention all that ... because language. Because evolution. Because
> there is another way to use "because." Linguists are calling it the
> "prepositional-because." Or the "because-noun."
> \" /]
>
> Because mozilla.general

Because    the wonderful things he does.