Thunderbird, possible corrupted folder - fix?

Thunderbird, possible corrupted folder - fix?

tdstr
Greetings!

I'm currently migrating from Mozilla Mail to Thunderbird and the
conversion went fine for the exception of one particular folder.  This
particular folder when I attempt to access it within Thunderbird,
Thunderbird would hang and I have to kill Thunderbird via the task manager.

Prior to the migrate I made certain to compact every folder and delete
any junk mails.  Now, in Mozilla Mail I can access this particular
folder just fine.  The folder is rather large at 120 megs but other
larger folders don't have a problem.

Anyone run across this before?  My gut feeling is that somehow, someway
that particular folder is corrupted.  If that is the case is there such
a tool that could fix the folder?  Thanx.

Ted Novak
TRA#5512
IEAS#75

Re: Thunderbird, possible corrupted folder - fix?

Leonidas Jones
tdstr wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I'm currently migrating from Mozilla Mail to Thunderbird and the
> conversion went fine for the exception of one particular folder.  This
> particular folder when I attempt to access it within Thunderbird,
> Thunderbird would hang and I have to kill Thunderbird via the task manager.
>
> Prior to the migrate I made certain to compact every folder and delete
> any junk mails.  Now, in Mozilla Mail I can access this particular
> folder just fine.  The folder is rather large at 120 megs but other
> larger folders don't have a problem.
>
> Anyone run across this before?  My gut feeling is that somehow, someway
> that particular folder is corrupted.  If that is the case is there such
> a tool that could fix the folder?  Thanx.
>
> Ted Novak
> TRA#5512
> IEAS#75

Go to your Mozilla profile and copy the folder in question.  Since you
are not very specific about it, I assume it is a file without extension,
similar to Inbox.

Go to your Thunderbird profile and fine the troublesome folder.  Rename
it.  Paste in your copy from the Mozilla profile.

Open TB.  Does it work now?

Lee