Thunderbird l10n

Mihovil Stanić-2
Hello,

I have problems with 2 strings in Thunderbird. Maybe more, but for now I
noticed only these two.

Strings in question are:
https://transvision.mozfr.org/?sourcelocale=en-US&locale=hr&repo=gecko_strings&search_type=entities&recherche=calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar-occurrence-prompt.properties:buttons.single.parent.edit.label&entire_string=entire_string

https://transvision.mozfr.org/?sourcelocale=en-US&locale=hr&repo=gecko_strings&search_type=entities&recherche=calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar-occurrence-prompt.properties:buttons.single.occurrence.edit.label&entire_string=entire_string

Those strings were translated 7 months ago as can be seen in Pontoon,
but there aren't available in latest TB + Lightning.
Is there some kind of bug causing this or any other problems?

Best regards,
Mihovil

Re: Thunderbird l10n

Jørgen Rasmussen
The two strings should show up when you edit a recurring event eg a
birthday.

--
Jørgen

Re: Thunderbird l10n

Mihovil Stanić-2
I probably wasn't clear enough, they show up, but problem is, they are
in english, not croatian.
Since strings were translated 7 months ago and I have been keeping TB
and Lightning translations at 100% for some time now, they should be
translated in gui also.

Best regards,
Mihovil

11.3.2019. u 18:39, Jørgen Rasmussen je napisao/la:

> The two strings should show up when you edit a recurring event eg a
> birthday.
>
> Den 11-03-2019 kl. 13:23 skrev Mihovil Stanić:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have problems with 2 strings in Thunderbird. Maybe more, but for
>> now I noticed only these two.
>>
>> Strings in question are:
>> https://transvision.mozfr.org/?sourcelocale=en-US&locale=hr&repo=gecko_strings&search_type=entities&recherche=calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar-occurrence-prompt.properties:buttons.single.parent.edit.label&entire_string=entire_string
>>

>> https://transvision.mozfr.org/?sourcelocale=en-US&locale=hr&repo=gecko_strings&search_type=entities&recherche=calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar-occurrence-prompt.properties:buttons.single.occurrence.edit.label&entire_string=entire_string
>>

>> Those strings were translated 7 months ago as can be seen in Pontoon,
>> but there aren't available in latest TB + Lightning.
>> Is there some kind of bug causing this or any other problems?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Mihovil

Re: Thunderbird l10n

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
I've asked Thunderbird folks to clarify this, but didn't get any
reply. I hope Philipp will be able to follow up here.

TL;DR: Thunderbird is not shipping using the release cadence of
Firefox and Firefox for Android. Updates only ship with ESR versions
(60, the next one is going to be 68 for Firefox, I assume the same for
Thunderbird). That means that, if you missed the 60 release while it
was in Beta, you won't be able to ship updates until 68 goes into
release. That's roughly 10 months
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/

That's also why Thunderbird and Seamonkey have a lower priority in Pontoon.

Francesco

Francesco

Il giorno lun 11 mar 2019 alle ore 19:13 Mihovil Stanić
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> I probably wasn't clear enough, they show up, but problem is, they are
> in english, not croatian.
> Since strings were translated 7 months ago and I have been keeping TB
> and Lightning translations at 100% for some time now, they should be
> translated in gui also.
>
> Best regards,
> Mihovil
>
> 11.3.2019. u 18:39, Jørgen Rasmussen je napisao/la:
> > The two strings should show up when you edit a recurring event eg a
> > birthday.
> >
> > Den 11-03-2019 kl. 13:23 skrev Mihovil Stanić:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I have problems with 2 strings in Thunderbird. Maybe more, but for
> >> now I noticed only these two.
> >>
> >> Strings in question are:
> >> https://transvision.mozfr.org/?sourcelocale=en-US&locale=hr&repo=gecko_strings&search_type=entities&recherche=calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar-occurrence-prompt.properties:buttons.single.parent.edit.label&entire_string=entire_string
> >>

> >> https://transvision.mozfr.org/?sourcelocale=en-US&locale=hr&repo=gecko_strings&search_type=entities&recherche=calendar/chrome/calendar/calendar-occurrence-prompt.properties:buttons.single.occurrence.edit.label&entire_string=entire_string
> >>

> >> Those strings were translated 7 months ago as can be seen in Pontoon,
> >> but there aren't available in latest TB + Lightning.
> >> Is there some kind of bug causing this or any other problems?
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Mihovil

Re: Thunderbird l10n

Philipp Kewisch-3
Hi Mihovil,

Francesco is correct, we run on the ESR schedule, which means the string
changes being in product will have to wait until Thunderbird 68. I'm
sorry we couldn't get it in earlier, and I hope we'll do a better job of
announcing the releases so folks are aware what's coming.

We would like to change that though, by somehow allowing string changes
on our esr branch so we can push out better strings on minor releases.
Unfortunately we haven't had the time to plan that, but if there is
someone available willing to work with us on that it would be great.

Philipp

On 3/12/19 11:22 AM, Francesco Lodolo wrote:

> I've asked Thunderbird folks to clarify this, but didn't get any
> reply. I hope Philipp will be able to follow up here.
>
> TL;DR: Thunderbird is not shipping using the release cadence of
> Firefox and Firefox for Android. Updates only ship with ESR versions
> (60, the next one is going to be 68 for Firefox, I assume the same for
> Thunderbird). That means that, if you missed the 60 release while it
> was in Beta, you won't be able to ship updates until 68 goes into
> release. That's roughly 10 months
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/
>
> That's also why Thunderbird and Seamonkey have a lower priority in Pontoon.
>
> Francesco
>
> Francesco
>
> Il giorno lun 11 mar 2019 alle ore 19:13 Mihovil Stanić
> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>> I probably wasn't clear enough, they show up, but problem is, they are
>> in english, not croatian.
>> Since strings were translated 7 months ago and I have been keeping TB
>> and Lightning translations at 100% for some time now, they should be
>> translated in gui also.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Mihovil
>>
>> 11.3.2019. u 18:39, Jørgen Rasmussen je napisao/la:
>>> The two strings should show up when you edit a recurring event eg a
>>> birthday.

Re: Thunderbird l10n

Axel Hecht
Am 12.03.19 um 13:20 schrieb Philipp Kewisch:

> Hi Mihovil,
>
> Francesco is correct, we run on the ESR schedule, which means the string
> changes being in product will have to wait until Thunderbird 68. I'm
> sorry we couldn't get it in earlier, and I hope we'll do a better job of
> announcing the releases so folks are aware what's coming.
>
> We would like to change that though, by somehow allowing string changes
> on our esr branch so we can push out better strings on minor releases.
> Unfortunately we haven't had the time to plan that, but if there is
> someone available willing to work with us on that it would be great.

I'll have a proposal coming your way soon. Or maybe 80% of one.

Axel

> Philipp
>

> On 3/12/19 11:22 AM, Francesco Lodolo wrote:
>> I've asked Thunderbird folks to clarify this, but didn't get any
>> reply. I hope Philipp will be able to follow up here.
>>
>> TL;DR: Thunderbird is not shipping using the release cadence of
>> Firefox and Firefox for Android. Updates only ship with ESR versions
>> (60, the next one is going to be 68 for Firefox, I assume the same for
>> Thunderbird). That means that, if you missed the 60 release while it
>> was in Beta, you won't be able to ship updates until 68 goes into
>> release. That's roughly 10 months
>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/
>>
>> That's also why Thunderbird and Seamonkey have a lower priority in Pontoon.
>>
>> Francesco
>>
>> Francesco
>>
>> Il giorno lun 11 mar 2019 alle ore 19:13 Mihovil Stanić
>> <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>>> I probably wasn't clear enough, they show up, but problem is, they are
>>> in english, not croatian.
>>> Since strings were translated 7 months ago and I have been keeping TB
>>> and Lightning translations at 100% for some time now, they should be
>>> translated in gui also.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Mihovil

Re: Thunderbird l10n

Jordi Serratosa
Hi Mihovil,

I feel your pain. Catalan l10n was a couple of days late for the release
of TB60 [see thread with subject: "Thunderbird: too late to the party to
update l10n?"
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.l10n/d7fp3Daikxk
from Aug 2018].

Since then, there have been 10 updates in the release channel (up to the
current 60.5.3), but none of them included the updated Catalan strings.
The impact on Catalan experience is more than the couple of strings you
mention. I had been keeping the TB project at 100% in Pontoon hoping
that a future update would pick up the translated strings, but it has
not happened so far after 7 months :-(

salut,
jordi s

El 11/03/2019 a les 13:23, Mihovil Stanić ha escrit: