Thunderbird feature request - Cache RSS newsfeeds, local searching of newsfeeds and enable emailing of newsfeeds

Thunderbird feature request - Cache RSS newsfeeds, local searching of newsfeeds and enable emailing of newsfeeds

Emmanuel E
Hi Everyone,

I would love it if Thunderbird didnt download the News article from the webserver everytime one clicks on the Title.

When it brings down the subject/summary from the RSS feed it could bring down the entire article also. It would save a lot of time when going through multiple news articles. A 5 second delay in loading each news article results in over 500 seconds of wasted time when going through 100 or more news articles.

Bringing down the entire article would also enable easy searching within Thunderbird

Also while trying to email the newsfeed it sends only the link and not the entire article as displayed.

If these can be implemented as extensions I am willing to create one if someone is willing to give me a few pointers to get me started.

Thanks,
Emmanuel

Re: Thunderbird feature request - Cache RSS newsfeeds, local searching of newsfeeds and enable emailing of newsfeeds

Neil-4
Emmanuel E wrote:

>I would love it if Thunderbird didnt download the News article from the webserver everytime one clicks on the Title.

Try enabling the newsgroup for offline use.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: Thunderbird feature request - Cache RSS newsfeeds, local searching of newsfeeds and enable emailing of newsfeeds

Emmanuel E
I tried that. It dosent work.