Thunderbird Span settings

David Boles
I am a long time TB user currently using 3.0b2 in Windows Vista.

My problem is that the program will not allow me to check the boxes that
tells the spam feature to "Do not mark mail as junk if the sender is
in:". I can check the boxes but they dont save as checked.
--

  David

Re: Thunderbird Span settings

Melchert Fruitema-2
On 12-06-2009 20:46 CET, David composed this enchanting statement:
> I am a long time TB user currently using 3.0b2 in Windows Vista.
>
> My problem is that the program will not allow me to check the boxes that
> tells the spam feature to "Do not mark mail as junk if the sender is
> in:". I can check the boxes but they dont save as checked.

Please upgrade to latest beta and retry.

--
Kind regards,
Melchert

On 6/13/2009 4:16 AM, Melchert Fruitema wrote:
> On 12-06-2009 20:46 CET, David composed this enchanting statement:
>> I am a long time TB user currently using 3.0b2 in Windows Vista.
>>
>> My problem is that the program will not allow me to check the boxes that
>> tells the spam feature to "Do not mark mail as junk if the sender is
>> in:". I can check the boxes but they dont save as checked.
>
> Please upgrade to latest beta and retry.

With Shredder 3.0b3pre, downloaded and install June 13, 2009, I have the
same problem. In 'Local Folders' and two different email accounts the
'check boxes' do not stay checked when selected.
--

   David

Re: Thunderbird Span settings

Irwin Greenwald-4
On 6/13/2009 10:11 AM, David wrote:

> On 6/13/2009 4:16 AM, Melchert Fruitema wrote:
>> On 12-06-2009 20:46 CET, David composed this enchanting statement:
>>> I am a long time TB user currently using 3.0b2 in Windows Vista.
>>>
>>> My problem is that the program will not allow me to check the boxes that
>>> tells the spam feature to "Do not mark mail as junk if the sender is
>>> in:". I can check the boxes but they dont save as checked.
>>
>> Please upgrade to latest beta and retry.
>>

> With Shredder 3.0b3pre, downloaded and install June 13, 2009, I have the
> same problem. In 'Local Folders' and two different email accounts the
> 'check boxes' do not stay checked when selected.

See Standard Diagnostic:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Thunderbird

I suspect your problem is in "localstore.rdf" Step 4, bullet 2

Irwin

On 6/14/2009 2:26 AM, Irwin Greenwald wrote:

> On 6/13/2009 10:11 AM, David wrote:
>> On 6/13/2009 4:16 AM, Melchert Fruitema wrote:
>>> On 12-06-2009 20:46 CET, David composed this enchanting statement:

>>> Please upgrade to latest beta and retry.
>>>

>> With Shredder 3.0b3pre, downloaded and install June 13, 2009, I have the
>> same problem. In 'Local Folders' and two different email accounts the
>> 'check boxes' do not stay checked when selected.
>
> See Standard Diagnostic:
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Thunderbird
>
> I suspect your problem is in "localstore.rdf" Step 4, bullet 2

Thank you. An interesting project but I had no success. Something that I
gather that I will just 'live with' for now.

--

  David

Re: Thunderbird Spam settings - Solved

David Boles
On 6/12/2009 2:46 PM, David wrote:
> I am a long time TB user currently using 3.0b2 in Windows Vista.
>
> My problem is that the program will not allow me to check the boxes that
> tells the spam feature to "Do not mark mail as junk if the sender is
> in:". I can check the boxes but they don't save as checked.

I had chosen to use the Inbox of Local Folders as the Global Inbox of
several email accounts. This is what was preventing me from checking
these boxes. Reverting to the default settings has enabled this.

Thanks to those that offered ideas.
--

  David